Macro Shots with my FZ5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junye

Sep 2, 2005
reiv suggested to me that getting a nikon 4t or 6t would be better.

need two of those? that's like 150. plus step down /step up ring.
*faints*

Hoya macro 4+ so chwee at macro mah? :what:

Junye said:
reiv suggested to me that getting a nikon 4t or 6t would be better.

need two of those? that's like 150. plus step down /step up ring.
*faints*

Hoya macro 4+ so chwee at macro mah? :what:

do a search on macro with fz5 or nikon 6T in this pana forum
there were a couple of threads with relatively in depth dicussion on it

if i am not wrong, u would need a ext flash too if u want to go into macro with the fz5, one thing for sure its that the 6T requires a step up ring and it would block the built in flash

hope it helps
alex

if you are using hoya +4, only your center part of the pic is sharp.
you get degrading image sharpness after that (towards the edges) as it is a single element filter.
the 6T is a double element, hence its more expensive. image quality is better.

codling said:
if you are using hoya +4, only your center part of the pic is sharp.
you get degrading image sharpness after that (towards the edges) as it is a single element filter..........

Yep......almost gave up with my Hoya +4.........still trying to use it at low mag. (below 6X):dunno:

nikon 4t is also as big as 6t?

Hmmm just a question.
Why nobody use Olympus MCON40? too expensive?

MCON-40

55mm one.
dunnoe can get it in singapore.
it's selling at USD100.

and also there's Leica ELPRO 2 for the money-excessive.
ELPRO 2

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1033&message=13027866
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1033&message=12854070
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1033&message=13375505

hmmm dunnoe if this is old news to the old birds but i tot of sharing with the new ones who got fz5!

Junye said:
nikon 4t is also as big as 6t?

Hmmm just a question.
Why nobody use Olympus MCON40?

MCON-40

55mm one.
dunnoe can get it in singapore.
it's selling at USD100.

woah just came back from guard duty..

nikon 4t is 52mm. 6t is 62mm. both are +2.9 diopter. i've been to many camera shops where the salesperson have no idea what they are and just smoke me. got one guy even say 4t is +4, 6t is +6. if u want 6t u can find it at the camera workshop. u can try to find 4t but i have been doing so for the past few days and i failed. u can order at cathay photo though..

i should be getting 4t since its smaller (and cheaper). and i'll be getting 2 of those. and one 55-52mm step down ring.

btw macro shots is not easy. the depth of field is super shallow, even at F8. plus fz5 doesnt have manual focus, so u'll find urself rocking back and forth to focus. in built flash should be good enough.

heres a sample of what i took using hoya +4

P1000473.sized.jpg

here you can see that the single element hoya filter gives very bad fringing at the corners. the flash is too harsh and direct. you might want to use an external slave flash.

hmm mabbe i get the konica minolta +2 closeup lens.
someone posted in dpreview and it looks pretty good.
nt very expensive also

Other than the price of the filter, will there be a performance difference in using a 52mm and a 62mm CU filter on FZ-5?
Sorry for the noob question, if it has been discussed before, pls direct me to that thread..

Thanks..

reiv said:
.... plus fz5 doesnt have manual focus, so u'll find urself rocking back and forth to focus. in built flash should be good enough.

I have mention this before....the FZ5 have a work about for manual focus. Change your focus triggering to "Focus" button instead of the shutter button. Use the Focus button to foucs on something first to FIX the focus, and use the to and fro motion and when subject in focus .... snap.

hmmm. not familiar with my cam yet. will try it out and see if it works.

Junye said:
hmmm. not familiar with my cam yet. will try it out and see if it works.
For reference:
FZ5prefocus.jpg

tchuanye said:
and use the to and fro motion and when subject in focus .... snap.
You mean to move the cam back and front?

dts_spawn said:
You mean to move the cam back and front?

Yes. Since focus is fixed, the only way make the subject in focus is to move the camera. An easier way is to hold the camera rigid, and sway your body. This technique is quite commonly used for macro shots as the depth of field is shallow, and this technique is easier than using the AF.

Status
Not open for further replies.