Macro shots at BG on 20/04/02 (Part I -butterfly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomshen

Feb 20, 2002
Singapore
Macro shots taken in BG with Canon D60 + Canon 100mm/2.8 macro + extension tube. Manual mode F8, 1/100, ISO 100. Flash on with soften diffuser (-1 stop).

Special thx to Megaweb for lending me his Canon macro lens;) Oh boy, it will be my next lens for sure.

aay.jpg

aaz.jpg

aba.jpg

abb.jpg

good attempt though many of the butterfly's positions are not flattering....are these just test shots for your cam or lens? Most of the images lack DOF and are not sharp.

yah... would be very nice if it's sharper. the flower's color is oustanding.

better still if u can get the butterfly to spread it's wings. :p

yeah! The damn butterfly is neither nice-looking nor well posed. But it's the only butterfly i could find that morning. Sigh... Many pics turn to be blur because of hand shake and lack of DOF. Noticed yr suggestion and will improve later.

thx:)

Tom, a tripod is NECESSARY when it comes to macro...

Can use a higher f-stop, dun need to worry about handshake...Cable release also hihgly recommended.

thx Zap! But... I had to be very close to my subject so no space to setup tripod. I was shooting flying insect, not flower. So it's not versatile to use tripod. Maybe a monopod can help. (*hint* someone better buy it first and let me try, u know whom I am talking abt here, kekeke...)

Originally posted by tomshen
Maybe a monopod can help. (*hint* someone better buy it first and let me try, u know whom I am talking abt here, kekeke...)

:devil: :angry: :devil:

how abt using my house bamboo stick ? :bsmilie:

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Show me the mono...

Originally posted by zapp!
Tom, a tripod is NECESSARY when it comes to macro...

Can use a higher f-stop, dun need to worry about handshake...Cable release also hihgly recommended.

another newbie intrusion... :D

what is higher f-stop
what is cable release?

got monopod one ah?
how it stand?

i always wonder.. those ppl that do macroshot
how they stablize their hands hor.. :O

Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.