Macro shot of a rose

Status
Not open for further replies.

supermengwei2

Jan 16, 2008
Singapore
2216465872_f28d61d693.jpg

Hey guys,

I shot this photo at a wedding, and switched to my sigma 105mm 2.8 macro to shoot this at f2.8, 1/4s, ISO 200.

Just like to know what you think about this, my feeling is that i'm focusing on the wrong area, or that maybe my aperture is too wide.

Thanks!

First of all, cant really tell it is a rose from your shot. If you are shooting at wide aperture, you gotta decide where your focus point is. In your shot, part of the sepal and part of the stalk are in focus only... doesn't really make sense to me.

sepal can be a subject but need the whole flower to create the context. u have cropped too tight.

Agree with the cropped too tight... can't really tell its a rose ... like bottom up feeling... :think:

thanks for the comments folks, i agree it's probably cropped too much.

Any ideas about the lighting for this? my flash bounced off from the left, as you can see, anyone think it would be better for all of it to be evenly lit?

Hallo,
a little from my side. I think the rest of them have talked abaout it being to tightly cropped.

you can still make the sepal the subject but you have to be careful of the other parts of the stalk that was also the same distance as the sepal. if not , like your photo, it seems like there's two focus area.

IMO, The lightening is insufficient. Can't really make out the color of the sepal. You can try moving yourself or moving the rose so that the lights are more complementing to the whole flower without having the compromising the sepal part.

so much for now... gtg

Status
Not open for further replies.