Macro shoot at Botanic Garden this Saturday Morning...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasphotography

Jul 28, 2002
Singapore
hey guys and gals, I suddenly have the itch to do flower macro at Botanic Garden as well as the Orchid garden found therein.

It has been a long long while since I last do macro, think I should do something to add to my flower portfolio.

Newbies can come too. I don't mind sharing experience and giving hands-on advice. Anyone interested can leave a note here or PM me. I will still go (I hope) regardless of photographer strength.

Place: Botanic Garden
Date: 20th March
Time: Tentatively 9am (I want to catch the morning dew!!! or should I go at 8am??? :think: )

Equipment to bring:
i) SLR, DSLR with macro lens or Digital Compact with macro feature
ii) tripod
iii) cable/remote release
iv) diffuser (to be used under strong lighting to soften the light)
v) reflector (to bounce light for shadow area) : can be custom-made using white card or card wrapped with aluminium foil
vi) a pair of small scissor (to do abit of gardening, I mean to remove tiny distracting leaves/twigs)

Above are not all necessary, just bring what you have, we can share using...

y0ngcheng reporting in!
if we gotta get some morning dews.. i think we meet up in 7am :D
can we do some dragonflys shooting too? :embrass:

Interested. count me in.

could you pm us your contact in case.

AIYAH! why everything falls on this weekend? Are you guys going next weekend, I will join next weekend but not this.... sigh! :(

I am interested. but dun have all the gears and equipment, just one camera.
But morning got to run some errands first.

Must we go so early to get dew, cant we just spray some water on flower to simulate? :bsmilie:
But i guess lighting will be different..

Interested to join but can't make it at 9am, 7am seems better ;p

i'm interested but cant confirm yet :dunno: how can i find u guys if i come late?

PM me for my contact please, those that can come on time or late.

can confirm time? 7am/8am ?

contact person?
meet location?
final location? (for latecomers) - preferably somewhere with lots of orchids and butterflies heh

Place: Botanic Garden, meet at this pavilion:

index_bandstand03.jpg

There should be this pond with water-lily near to the pavilion. Got dragonfly or damselfly too "making out" at the pond. So, we'll start our day there before we proceed to the Orchid Garden.

Date: 20th March, Saturday

Time: 8am SHARP!!! I don't wait for late comers but if I late, you must wait for me lah :D

Contact Person: jas

Contact Number: Please PM me for my mobile number so that I can have a guage how many people will turn up on time or join us later.

Have given my contact to those who PMed me...

PM me for my mobile number if you want to go.

My last thread here for today, reporting to bed soon...

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Cool... But doubt I can make it so early though... Just guess I'll look for a HUGE group of pple with cameras around then....

Heh heh.

I will be long rangering myself tomm. See you guys around. Hopefully not too many people, if not all the buggers will fly away.

But most importantly, pray for good weather! Today's was TERRIBLE.

Status
Not open for further replies.