macro ring adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

yumyum

Aug 18, 2005
Singapore
www.yummibear.multiply.com
Is there a such thing call reverse ring adapter for DSLR so that newbie like me no need to buy a macro lens ??? i notice there's a thread similar like wat I ask but just can't find it ... had read the thread before ... can anyone pls help ???

yumyum said:
Is there a such thing call reverse ring adapter for DSLR so that newbie like me no need to buy a macro lens ??? i notice there's a thread similar like wat I ask but just can't find it ... had read the thread before ... can anyone pls help ???
Yes, check the respective cam product catalog. :dunno:

You can reverse mount your 50mm etc

YMMV

tltan

Apr 18, 2005
www.flickr.com
yumyum said:
Buy a macro lens. Otherwise reverse mount 50mm as what longkangman has said. For serious macro, its best to save and buy one. I recommend the 90mm Tamron for a start. Cheap and Quality at $560.

For reversal ring, you can search for either PPCP or PQ23 I think they have it. Cheaper third party. For nikon, you can get the BR-2A for reversing 52mm filter thread lens.

Regards,
tltan

Artosoft

Aug 31, 2005
Tanjong Katong
yumyum said:
There is. There are 2 ways to use reverse lens. Direct (inverse 50mm lens), or put inverse lens on front of lens. I prefer the second method one.

But, both method can not beat the real macro/micro lens photo's quality. Only the magnification can be bigger than 1:1.

Regards,
Arto.

yumyum

Aug 18, 2005
Singapore
Artosoft said:
There is. There are 2 ways to use reverse lens. Direct (inverse 50mm lens), or put inverse lens on front of lens. I prefer the second method one.

But, both method can not beat the real macro/micro lens photo's quality. Only the magnification can be bigger than 1:1.

Regards,
Arto.

is it that i have to inverse directly the 50mm lens , means the cpu pins are outside.. ???
I actually once read a similar thread bout reverse ring adapter and the setup, but just cant find them... sigh

yumyum

Aug 18, 2005
Singapore
Artosoft said:

Regards,
Arto.

is it that i have to inverse directly the 50mm lens , means the cpu pins are outside.. ???
I actually once read a similar thread bout reverse ring adapter and the setup, but just cant find them... sigh

tltan

Apr 18, 2005
www.flickr.com
yes. It means that the "reversed" lens' cpu ring is exposed to the outside. So the reverse ring has a thread that fits the front of your lens (where you have a uv filter on now) as well as a mount to mount it onto your body.

Klose

Feb 15, 2005
Here's my advise. Dont get it. I had one last time. Used it a couple of times as it was just too troublesome to use. Just got my Sigma 105mm today :thumbsup: ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom