Macro - Raynox vs Close up filter??

Status
Not open for further replies.

lunas

Dec 19, 2006
Singapore
Hi Guys,

I will like to find out what is the difference between the Raynox and Hoya Close Up +4?

Thanks.

Hi Guys,

I will like to find out what is the difference between the Raynox and Hoya Close Up +4?

Thanks.
raynox is dual element.. very high dioptre ratio.. maybe abt +10?

hoya is single element, dioptre +4 only

raynox is dual element.. very high dioptre ratio.. maybe abt +10?

hoya is single element, dioptre +4 only

Can i focus at all range (distance) with raynox or onlt one fixed range . Someone pls share.thks

DSCF0124_1.jpg

But how big the beetle i be able to take with raynox compare with the only macro lens i used?

DSCF0124_1.jpg

But how big the beetle i be able to take with raynox compare with the only macro lens i used?

Hi Chan,

The magnification is dependent on the focal length of your camera.

IF you're not too sure, please bring the beetle to our place and I'll try to take a magnified picture of it. You can check on the spot if it is what you are looking for.

Thanks,
Jim, McGill.

Anyone use the raynox dcr250 with a nikon 105Vr ?

Hi Chan,

The magnification is dependent on the focal length of your camera.

IF you're not too sure, please bring the beetle to our place and I'll try to take a magnified picture of it. You can check on the spot if it is what you are looking for.

Thanks,
Jim, McGill.

lol! that's funny man.

But seriously, i'd go with the raynox over the filters :thumbsup:

lol! that's funny man.

But seriously, i'd go with the raynox over the filters :thumbsup:

Commitment to satisfaction. :bsmilie:

TS should bring camera along to a shop, try the hoya, and try the raynox @ macgill's office. Use a coin or similar to test

Can i focus at all range (distance) with raynox or onlt one fixed range . Someone pls share.thks

you'll lose infinity focus.

if infinity is at 2.5m away, at a +10 dioptre, the furthest distance you can focus to is 25cm away.. not beyond...

Status
Not open for further replies.