Macro Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kira

Jul 2, 2003
Singapore, North Area
Visit site
Currently using F80 with a 28-105mm len with macro function and I've a few questions on Macro Photography...

1) With my setup, how can I increase the magnification of the subject without increasing or decreaseing the focus distance? Teleconverter or Extension tude? I can't seem to fill my subjects into the full frame.... Is there another alternative to get what I want?

2) What type of flash should I get? The macro ones like the SB-21B or a SB-80DX? Will the SB-80DX produce a shadow if it's mounted on my F80 and not at the side.

Thanks....

Why you dont want to increase nor decrease your working distance? strange.. I thought you should be happier to increase the working distance? :dunno:

Anyway, Ext tubes will allow you to focus at a closer distance, hence increasing the magnification. If you add teleconverter between the ext tube and the camera body, it will multiply the magnification accordingly and increase the working distance.

Adding closeup filter is another way to gain magnification as it also allows you to focus at a closer distance and magnify the object in front of it.

Or, dedicated macro lens is the most convenient way to gain magnification without any accessories.

Try not to eliminate the shadow completely for more natural looking subject.

With my current setup, I can go up to as close as around 25cm from the subject.... And with a production rate of 1:2 for my len, I still can't fill the subject into my frame nicely. A lot of empty space around...

If I add a teleconvertor or an extension tube, then I don't think I will have enough light as my f stop is only 4.5 at 105mm focus length..... minus a few f stop with either the teleconvetor or the extension tube would put me in the range of maybe somewhere around f/8 to f/16? That's why I'm thinking that if I am to get a teleconvertor or an extension tube, then I'll also need to get a good flash.....

Or should I just save up and get an AF 105mm f/2.8 Macro? Hehehehhehe.... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.