Macro Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

tchuanye

Staff member
Mar 4, 2003
Visit site
Hi fella Pana users,

Just like to share the few macros I have taken lately.

Wide-Jawed Viciria Jumping Spider

Leafhoppers

Water drop macros

Hopper on Orange Flower

Also, there is a Nature Photographic Society Photograph exhibition at Epsite, 3rd storey above Borders bookshop (rear entrance with the curved escalator). You can see the details here:
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=160897

I have one photo exhibited there under CY Tan. Its a orange beetle macro shot. But there are also lots of other excellent pics taken by very good photographers.....you will be amazed by the nature that we have in this urban city. Do take a look....

Hi long time never go and update myself in the website . I really like your marco shot , especially the rain drop really good :thumbsup: I really wish to learn from you :think:
Keep up the good shot . WELL DONE !!!! Just wonder with LC1 can i do micro ? I'm still a begginners , still need lots of guidence from u.:eek:

happywonders said:
Hi long time never go and update myself in the website . I really like your marco shot , especially the rain drop really good :thumbsup: I really wish to learn from you :think:
Keep up the good shot . WELL DONE !!!! Just wonder with LC1 can i do micro ? I'm still a begginners , still need lots of guidence from u.:eek:

Not so familiar with the LC1. It has a fix lens(?) to te camera with 69mm thread. Max zoom is 90mm. So adding CU filters with 90mm max would not give much magnification. Not sure if you try those hi dioptre CU lens would it help or not (i.e. >+8 and above). But you can try reverse lens, and that is abt >+20 for a reversed 50mm lens. But not sure if it can work or not.

really must kudos to you CY! hey u planning in recruiting any deciple?? please tell me i make sure i'm 1st one in queue! say, do u mind if i pop u question on macro photography if i faced problem in taken good picture using lumix?

psx2sg said:
really must kudos to you CY! hey u planning in recruiting any deciple?? please tell me i make sure i'm 1st one in queue! say, do u mind if i pop u question on macro photography if i faced problem in taken good picture using lumix?

No problem, if I can answer, I will try my best to answer.

The master has spoken...

Still very impressed with ur macro shoots

tchuanye said:
...I have one photo exhibited there under CY Tan. Its a orange beetle macro shot. But there are also lots of other excellent pics taken by very good photographers.....you will be amazed by the nature that we have in this urban city. Do take a look....
Went to the exhibition at Epsite last nite, your orange beetle macro shot is :thumbsup: !!

Hong Jia said:
The master has spoken...

Still very impressed with ur macro shoots

Thanks!

tincup said:
Went to the exhibition at Epsite last nite, your orange beetle macro shot is :thumbsup: !!

Thanks. Glad you like it. I think that was the only prosumer cam shot. The rest are DSLR......but you can see, the DSLR pics are really good and are more versatile as the range of shots that can be acheived by the lenses they used are :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

hi CY, do you know whats the limit length for Macro shots in the FZs? i've been using FZ 10 now FZ30, i realise that when ever I tried to zoom in to an object it just gets blur for full zooming...

do it means i need to get a macro lens to get detail macro shots?

psx2sg said:
hi CY, do you know whats the limit length for Macro shots in the FZs? i've been using FZ 10 now FZ30, i realise that when ever I tried to zoom in to an object it just gets blur for full zooming...

do it means i need to get a macro lens to get detail macro shots?

Don't really understand your question. I suppose you are asking abt working distance (WD)? i.e. distance of subject to lens?

If so, for FZ10, the WD at wide is 5cm or so and at full zoom, ~2m. So if you full zoom and the subject is less than 2m, than the camera would not be able to focus.

Macro lens (as in close up filters) enables some magnification of the subject, and affects the WD of the camera. The Nikon 6T is ~29cm, and the Sigma CU ~ 40cm, and both together is 19cm.

I cannot advise on the FZ30 as I am not familiar with it. Apologies.

Status
Not open for further replies.