macro or not

Status
Not open for further replies.
and also, do u guys do cropping for the photos takig in macro ??

I bought a close up filter, but the photo doesnt looks like macro to me.. so i do a crop to the photo..

pls help

Cropping and blowing up the image will degrade the image quality, but it would probably only be noticeable if you crop and blow a lot.

Unless you're entering a technical competition, do whatever you can to get the images you need. ;)

A cheap way to explore even closer photography is to use manual extension tubes. They are covered in the articles in the links. Down-side besides lost of AF is that the more tubes you use, the more light you loose, so a sturdy tripod is a must, and if you really get bitten by the macro bug, a close-focusing rail would be very very helpful.

Check out Paul from tagotech (PQ23 here on CS). He provides excellent service and very affordable manual extension tubes.

Another way that a lot of macro shooter use is simply to get a high quality macro lens, but they usually cost a lot.

CHEERS!

thanks for enlightening me on the macro... hmmm, I shall upload some photos tonight for u guys to comment, really need a lot of help ... a macro lens is good but very costly.... for now I shall just play with my close up filter .... many thanks again

some of the photos, all taken with 50mm f1.8

macro_1_-_01_.jpg

macro_1_-_03_.jpg

macro_1_-_05_.jpg

macro_1_-_07_.jpg

macro_1_-_08_.jpg

the rest of the photos can be found at http://s76.photobucket.com/albums/j34/yumyum79/macro%20X1/

Sharpness is not there. I would suggest that you take a look at the other macro postings and see if you can try to replicate some of the shots in the house first (without the wind factor or the other possible issues)

Sharpness is not there. I would suggest that you take a look at the other macro postings and see if you can try to replicate some of the shots in the house first (without the wind factor or the other possible issues)

thanks thanks i mux learn

I believe you must be using a large aperture to take the pictures. Please take note of where you focus and using a smaller aperture may help.

Status
Not open for further replies.