macro: nikon T6

Status
Not open for further replies.

dts_spawn

Jun 24, 2005
Anyone here using T6 for fz5? I've seen excellent results with it coupled with fz10 and 20 and of course great skill. I'm real tempted to get one.. :bsmilie:

dts_spawn said:
Anyone here using T6 for fz5? I've seen excellent results with it coupled with fz10 and 20 and of course great skill. I'm real tempted to get one.. :bsmilie:

It's 6T. :devil:

BTW u can stack 2 close up attachment lens (eg. 2x T6 or T5 & T6)
quality for for nikon is :thumbsup:

OH.... no wonder i can't get any search results.. :bsmilie:
But 6T is so expensive.. can't afford to get 2..
So, you guys are saying 6T can be used for FZ5?

silvergetz said:
2x 6t stacked on FZ5 = :thumbsup:
Trust me.

Does Nikon 6T come with 55mm threat that can fix into FZ-5 ?

jyhk_Junk said:
Does Nikon 6T come with 55mm

5T and 6T are 62mm

0, 1, 2, 3T and 4T are 52mm

silvergetz said:
U need to buy a 55mm to 62mm step-up ring to use the 6T with the FZ5. Costs about $12.

Btw, i stumpled upon this site, hope to share with everyone.
http://www.photomacrography.net/photomacrography/Articles/FZ10/fz10.htm
Good website. Thanks! Another question, I've read many other articles but don't really understand. what do they mean by working distance and why must i zoom to the max when using 6T? Why shouldn't i use the cam's macro mood when using 6T? And, is stacking 2 6T really recommended?

Working distance would mean the distance from your camera lens to the subject. Usually, u would want a greater working distance if you're working on shy critters. You do not NEED to zoom to the max but zooming in magnifies the image... K, maybe magnify is not the word, but the subject is bigger la. Using the camera's macro mode with a close-up filter is pointless because most of us set it to manual focus. Besides, macro mode is pretty much the same as P Mode except that it's able to focus at nearer points.

Stacking 2 6Ts would give u greater magnification. A 6T is about +2.9 (according to tchuanye's post last time) so stacking 2 of 'em would give u a +5.8... Of course, u can stack more but the more u stack, the more image degrades, the closer your working distance becomes...

karnage said:
Using the camera's macro mode with a close-up filter is pointless because most of us set it to manual focus. Besides, macro mode
But the FZ5 do not have a manual focus. I know about the fix-focus-then-move-cam method but can the auto focusing work with the 6T?

dts_spawn said:
karnage said:
Using the camera's macro mode with a close-up filter is pointless because most of us set it to manual focus. Besides, macro mode
But the FZ5 do not have a manual focus. I know about the fix-focus-then-move-cam method but can the auto focusing work with the 6T?

The FZ5 have a work around for Manual focus, using the 'Focus' button on the back....you must change some mode in your Menus.

AF can work with or without the 6T. Its the very limited DOF that makes it hard to get the right thing in focus....so the fix focus method is easier to get the image

tchuanye said:
The FZ5 have a work around for Manual focus, using the 'Focus' button on the back....you must change some mode in your Menus.

Ya.. that's the "fix-focus-then-move-cam" method i'm talking about. :bsmilie:
Is the DOF VERY limited? would that make stacking of 2 6T a nightmare?

dts_spawn said:
Ya.. that's the "fix-focus-then-move-cam" method i'm talking about. :bsmilie:
Is the DOF VERY limited? would that make stacking of 2 6T a nightmare?

Higher magnification, shallow DOF, so yes, 2x6T is shallower than 1x6T....but still achievable for fix focus move cam method....I have tried with reverse lens which is (so I heard) abt +25 and at times I can get sharp shots....though the hit rate is very low....

Yep, listen to tchuanye. He's the power macro-ist (if there's such a word) for Lumix. Haha!

And just to assure u it's do-able, I back tchuanye's comments on the reverse lens thingy. 2x 6T is still usable even though the DOF is shallower than 1x 6T. The higher the dioptre rating (+4 or +25), the shallower the DOF. Even with reverse lens i.e. +25, handheld is possible. But then you'll be DARN close to your subject. Haha! You'll know when u try it...

karnage said:
Working distance would mean the distance from your camera lens to the subject. Usually, u would want a greater working distance if you're working on shy critters. You do not NEED to zoom to the max but zooming in magnifies the image... K, maybe magnify is not the word, but the subject is bigger la. Using the camera's macro mode with a close-up filter is pointless because most of us set it to manual focus. Besides, macro mode is pretty much the same as P Mode except that it's able to focus at nearer points.

Stacking 2 6Ts would give u greater magnification. A 6T is about +2.9 (according to tchuanye's post last time) so stacking 2 of 'em would give u a +5.8... Of course, u can stack more but the more u stack, the more image degrades, the closer your working distance becomes...

eh just to correct your misconception
2X 6T @ +2.9 does not give you +5.8
there's a forumula to the calculation. Think it was posted up quite a few times, quite a while back too.

unseen said:
eh just to correct your misconception
2X 6T @ +2.9 does not give you +5.8
there's a forumula to the calculation. Think it was posted up quite a few times, quite a while back too.

I think you can just add up the dioptre value in series.

Its the magnification value that requires the formula.

Hi All,

Keep this thread running...I have already added it in the FAQ thread. :)

I've read that the working distance for 6T is 0.33m. Does it mean i have to be at most 0.33m away from the subjuct?

dts_spawn said:
I've read that the working distance for 6T is 0.33m. Does it mean i have to be at most 0.33m away from the subjuct?

Yes around there.

Status
Not open for further replies.