Macro lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kim Dong Moon

May 3, 2004
Great World City, Singapore
Hi all ....

Please apologize me if this is not the correct forum for posting my thread ...

My laboratory need some macro shoots, hence need to use any macro lens.
What is the macro lens that is advisable? It is to shoot some particle like sand deposit in our machine.
60mm or 105mm macro lens?
Any where in Singapore that we can rent the macro lens first?
Of course later we want to buy it, but before that may be need to try it first whether it is suitable or not.

Thanks a lot ....... your reply is most appreciated

Hi all ....

Please apologize me if this is not the correct forum for posting my thread ...

My laboratory need some macro shoots, hence need to use any macro lens.
What is the macro lens that is advisable? It is to shoot some particle like sand deposit in our machine.
60mm or 105mm macro lens?
Any where in Singapore that we can rent the macro lens first?
Of course later we want to buy it, but before that may be need to try it first whether it is suitable or not.

Thanks a lot ....... your reply is most appreciated

What is the size of your machine and how near do you need to shoot at? Do you need 1:1 magnification or larger?

Basically all maro lenses will give 1:1 at their min focusing distances. 60mm will have a shorter focusing distance than 105mm.

On the other hand, if you already have a DSLR with a zoom lens, you can use a close up filter or the Raynox DCR250 attached to the lens. Depending on the zoom lens and the diopter strength of the close up filter, you could get 1:1 or larger magnification.

I think what u need is a microscope with image capturing device. Macro lens i think abit hard to go up to the magnification for subjects like sand particles.

I think what u need is a microscope with image capturing device. Macro lens i think abit hard to go up to the magnification for subjects like sand particles.

actually no need microscope, because in Japan they also use normal DSLR camera, only the lens is for macro I think ...

actually no need microscope, because in Japan they also use normal DSLR camera, only the lens is for macro I think ...

Do you have any pics showing what exactly you intend to take?

What is the size of your machine and how near do you need to shoot at? Do you need 1:1 magnification or larger?

Basically all maro lenses will give 1:1 at their min focusing distances. 60mm will have a shorter focusing distance than 105mm.

On the other hand, if you already have a DSLR with a zoom lens, you can use a close up filter or the Raynox DCR250 attached to the lens. Depending on the zoom lens and the diopter strength of the close up filter, you could get 1:1 or larger magnification.

Oh .... yeah, We already have the zoom lens. So many be the close up filter is a good option.
You mention about Raynox DCR250, is it suitable for all kind of lens? Nikon or Canon?
We need to just put the camera in station position, and capture the die deposit in our machine time by time, to compare how much of chemicals was accumulated on the die. This is the main purpose.

Oh .... yeah, We already have the zoom lens. So many be the close up filter is a good option.
You mention about Raynox DCR250, is it suitable for all kind of lens? Nikon or Canon?
We need to just put the camera in station position, and capture the die deposit in our machine time by time, to compare how much of chemicals was accumulated on the die. This is the main purpose.

In this case, maybe the DCR250 could be a cheaper option for you.The DCR250 has a clip on adaptor so it can be used with lens filter diameters of up to 67mm. What is the zoom lens you have?

An even cheaper option would be to get a +4 close up filter that fits your lens filter thread. Use the zoom to increase or decrease magnification.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.