Macro lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerezhu

Mar 23, 2009
Singapore
www.flickr.com
hi all, i'm new to slr and also clubsnap, just got myself a d40 as beginner usage, mainly for close up, would like to know what are the macro lens that i can use, which is cheap, example can i use a tamron 90mm macro on d40?:)

hi all, i'm new to slr and also clubsnap, just got myself a d40 as beginner usage, mainly for close up, would like to know what are the macro lens that i can use, which is cheap, example can i use a tamron 90mm macro on d40?:)

you need lenses with built-in motor if you want AF on the d40.

as to which lenses, google is really your best friend, nikon, sigma and tamron all have great macro lenses to suit your needs. the question is which focal length you want, which mostly has relation with working distance and perspective.

The Tamron 90mm has lots of great reviews.
Of cos Sigma and Tokina also have their fair share of fans.
Just google for the lenses to compare the specs, and then go down to shops to look at the actual lenses.

oh... okay.. thanks guys, hmm.. build in motor... meaning with build in motor i can AF, w/o i can only MF?

oh... okay.. thanks guys, hmm.. build in motor... meaning with build in motor i can AF, w/o i can only MF?

You are right.
Cos D40/D40x/D60 do not have in built focusing motor in the camera.
So in order to AF, you need to buy lenses with built in motor.

hope the vendor you bought the D40 from explained that it does not have an autofocus motor built in.

anyway, most of the time....macro with manual gives good results but be sure to look for lens with 1:1 magnification.

Fret not, if you use your D40 mainly for marco shoot then it dosen't matter the lens you buy has built-in motor or not, since you'll MF most of the time.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.