macro lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

astro833

Jan 24, 2009
jamiegohml.blogspot.com
Hi, got a question, Heard tat 100mm macro lens can take portr pics too?

so should i get canon 100mm macro lens or 50mm with Raynox 250?(Heard that it can take macro too..) what the diff? will it fit onto the 50mm lens? Would like to take insects pic..

I have a 18-200mm kit lens can Raynox 250 fit onto my kit lens too?

Your 18-200 can also take portraits what. And yes, the Raynox DCR-250 will fit on your 18-200 too. It will give you better magnification than on your 50mm. If you want, of course, a dedicated macro lens is better I feel...

What's your bigger interest? Portraits or macro?

PLEASE READ up first...

There are already so mnay threads on this subjects you're asking...

Hi, got a question, Heard tat 100mm macro lens can take portr pics too?

Yes it sure can :)

so should i get canon 100mm macro lens or 50mm with Raynox 250?(Heard that it can take macro too..) what the diff? will it fit onto the 50mm lens? Would like to take insects pic..

The Raynox is a close up filter / dioptre, giving the lenses the ability to shoot closer, in a way endowing the non macro lenses the potential ability to take macro shots.

The Canon 100mm macro by itself is a dedicated macro lens, you do not need accessories to get to 1:1

The Canon 50mm prime is not a macro lens.

A dedicated macro lens like the 100mm will have better image quality than non macro lenses
with added accessories to achieve macro

Fitting or not depends on the lens thread diammeter, make sure you get the right sized close up filter.

I have a 18-200mm kit lens can Raynox 250 fit onto my kit lens too?

Can. Make sure u get the right filter thread size

Lastly there are lots of resources and previous archived threads about shooting macro.
Do try a search. Lots of info on google as well

Happy shooting

Ryan

Last edited:
Just take note of the following points when using the Raynox DCR250 with ANY lens:

1) Fcusing distance will be 12 cm therebouts. You lose focusing at all distances other than 12cm.

2) Largest lens diameter that can be used with the Raynox is 67mm. Usable lens diameter ranges from 47 to 67mm.

3) Vignetting will occur at up to ard 70mm if you use the Raynox DCR250 with your 18-200 lens.

4) You will not get any meaningful magnification until you move past 70mm on any lens with the Raynox DCR250.

5) To get MAX magnification at ANY focal length, you must set your focusing distance on your lens to MIN.

thanks for the advice :) actually tot of saving the money n get Raynox DCR-250. Think I will get the macro lens.

thanks for the advice :) actually tot of saving the money n get Raynox DCR-250. Think I will get the macro lens.

Raynox DCR250 is good if you intend to get more than 1:1 magnification. Useful basically for small insects.

get the dedicated macro lens if you are interested in macro

yup...couldn't agreed with u more... :thumbsup:

get a macro lens plus a gd tripod plus flash! :devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.