Macro lens

Status
Not open for further replies.
what kind of marco are you into? insects or other thing... generally.... a lot of people using tamron 90mm F2.8 macro. You may need to consider of the macro flash but it does not come cheap.

Reno said:
what kind of marco are you into? insects or other thing... generally.... a lot of people using tamron 90mm F2.8 macro. You may need to consider of the macro flash but it does not come cheap.
the R1C1 for macro flash photography, and ya, it's costly if you're just starting out and unsure if you REALLY need this.

The Tamron 90mm 1:1 f/2.8 is a cheap and good. there's a steal going on in the B&S to be had right now. ;)

Another things that you may want to consider is a good sturdy tripod and cable release or the wireless remote.

hawkeyes said:
Hey..

Any body can recommend me a good macro lens for D70s ? i heard tamron is the best and its cheap. What setting or accessory i need for macro shooting?:think:
buy a nikon BR-23A & mount a 50mm f1.8 in reverse will do

dreamerz said:
if TS is serious into going macro...i would say get a dedicated macro lens...
if the TS damn seriuos,,, then go buy the nikon 105mm VR macro lol

jacquesvile said:
if the TS damn seriuos,,, then go buy the nikon 105mm VR macro lol

If the TS is super duper serious, then buy the 105mm VR macro + R1C1.. total roughly $2.5k :thumbsup:

IIRC, the cheapest micro lens from Nikon is 60mm f/2.8 AFD Micro. It is good lens, but working distance maybe too short for macro insect.

Regards,
Arto.

the R1C1 cannot fit onto the T90, you will need to purchase an adaptor

any which way, if on a budget

Nikon 105mm VR will do, you will be suprised what the D70s
pop up flash can do for macros. (it depends on how you shoot)

I suggest:

(1) nikkor 105 VR
(2) nikkor 105
(3) Tamron 90

in the above order. 1-3 is due to the decreasing price. A second hand nikkor 105 without VR should be able to weave wonders still. And on tight budget, get a Tamron 90 new at 565 and second hand lesser.

Consider 180mm tamron if butterflies or skittish insects are you love.

Regards,
tltan

Master Alex, what's the diff between the AFD & AF? How about AFS?

(Just want to know more about Nikon from a Canon user.)

tamron 90mm.

sumball said:

i only noe nikon afs = canon usm...the other 2 i oso gt no clue...can some1 shed some light on it?

sumball said:

Af is normal
AF-S is something like USM
AF-D is with chip to tell camera flash system the distance of the subject to the camera

AF is not important to macro
more important is the distance information for the flash system
but i was using the AF version without any problems

Nikon Flash system :thumbsup:

ortega said:
Af is normal
AF-S is something like USM
AF-D is with chip to tell camera flash system the distance of the subject to the camera

AF is not important to macro
more important is the distance information for the flash system
but i was using the AF version without any problems

Nikon Flash system :thumbsup:
oic...thx for the clarification....:)

Hi, What about macro lens for Pentax *ist DL?, I am looking for something cheap but still allows me to get good performance for flowers mainly. Thanks and I have to say I love the forums in this website.

Status
Not open for further replies.