Macro lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverelf

Dec 19, 2002
Near Equator
Visit site
Right.... Dumb question again.

Is there any difference between 28MM and 28MM (Macro)?

Never really understood how the convertor works for converting the lens to macro also. Can someone explain?

usually when the lens comes with the tag "Macro" or "Micro", it can probably focus to very near distances. The amount of magnification is usually specified as a ratio between the image size and the actual object size.

So for example, a 135mm macro can focus down to nearer distances than a 135mm (without macro).

The use of extension tubes can reduce the minimum focus distance of the lens, the working principle is just simply changing the plane of focus and the plane of the projected image. Depending on the length of the extension tube and the focal length of the original lens, you can reduce minimum focus distance to varying magnitudes, but you will also lose the ability to focus to further distances all the way to infinity.

Hmm... still not too sure on the specifics... but then I think I shall go and get anextension tube for my 50MM and try to see if I can get some Macro shots. maybe that way I can understand it a bit better!!

Originally posted by Tweek
usually when the lens comes with the tag "Macro" or "Micro", it can probably focus to very near distances. The amount of magnification is usually specified as a ratio between the image size and the actual object size.

Questions:
Does it mean that "Micro" lense can focus very near distance, yet no need to change the distance between the lens and the film, eg. by useing extension tube? How could that happen? :embrass:

Status
Not open for further replies.