Macro lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

aremac_1974

Mar 7, 2006
Any to recommend? Tight budget as usual so will less than $500 get me a fairly good 2nd hand one? Was recommended a Tamrom 90mm. Please give comments.... thanks! :dunno:

tamron 90mm is :thumbsup:, think can get one at about $450 in BnS

cool! thanks for the kind advise. I was at BnS just now leh but nobody reply me leh :cry: erm... how many f stops do you know?

thanks everyone.... I will try my luck. Any other lens to recommend? Nikon Mount....

hong2 said:
Yes, very sharp macro lens. Not suitable as tele, slow focus.

The tele part is ok, and i agree on the slow focus. In addition, i really don't like the front barrel protrusion when focusing.

Tokina 100mm also a very good choice. Nice and bright, very sharp too.

Buy n Sell dude..:think:

Tamron 90mm is a very gd lens, i just sold mine last week due to under-utilizing.. If not can sell you.. Anyway wish u all the best in getting one in B&S..:) Last 2 weeks still got ppl selling in B&S, but this week seems like no more liao..

Using the Tamron SP90mm Di f2.8 myself....never regrette buying. Good, sharp macro lens.
No worry bout the slow focusing, using manual focus for all my macro shots. No wory bout the f2.8, not using f2.8 for any macro shots......normally used f16 n above for macro..

Just my 2 cents.
Cheer n Gd luck

alamak.... shud hv logged on earlier. If anyone know of anybody wanting to let go a Tamron 90mm, please let me know! thanks in advance!

Perhaps you can give Sigma 105mm f2.8 EX macro a look as well. A decent piece of glass. I have one and are satisfied with its performance. No harm checking out both the Sigma and Tamron .

thanks for the kind info everyone.... got 2 offers now so just see if I am lucky to get the bid. cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.