Macro lens from WA lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gr|ever

Nov 3, 2002
Visit site
Is the macro lens that comes together with the WA lens useful for taking macro shots?

I've read some guides on macro photography & it states that MACRO FILTERS are good, almost essential. And I've seen the taken pictures... very impressive.

Is the macro lens from the WA lens as good as the macro filters?

macro filters or macro lens ??
If you mean the close up filters, I think quite okay lor.. but better to get a macro len.. quality should be better.
Canon 250D or 500D macro len :)

i dun think the 250D and the 500D are macro lenses. They are actually close up lens if i am not wrong.

the 500D or 250 D is actually a double-element accessory that attaches to front of lens; changes closest focusing distance from infinity to 500mm(for the 500D) from front of lens. It is something like a filter that we attach to the front of our lens.

A macro lens is one that has macro function focusing (up to 1:1 or more) and can also focus all the way to infinity.

I think I got mixed up a little... I was refering to the difference between close up filters & macro lens (the ones that comes together with wide angle lens).

I was wondering if the macro lens I'm refering can produce the same results as the close up filters.

It depends on which brand are you refering. It's an optics quality that you are comparing, you can safely assume that those closeup diopters produce by Canon and nikon would be better.. also, based on users review.

Originally posted by lennon
It depends on which brand are you refering. It's an optics quality that you are comparing, you can safely assume that those closeup diopters produce by Canon and nikon would be better.. also, based on users review.

those close up diopters... meaning 500D and 6T for eg?

Originally posted by hazardman
those close up diopters... meaning 500D and 6T for eg?

Yes. I'm refering to all glasses that you normally put in front of your lens to increase magnification.
So, which brand do you want to compare?

so it'll be rite to say Canon and Nikon's diopters are better than those Hoya +4, +8, etc filters?

so it'll be rite to say Canon and Nikon's diopters are better than those Hoya +4, +8, etc filters?
Better in controlling Chromatic Abberations and distortions around the edges in general.

gotcha.... e price is pretty high too ain't it? $300 for a piece of 250D?

You're paying for quality...
I've played with hoya closeups and recently, touched a canon 500D.

The difference is THAT great..
Worth the price, but I'm still sticking to my closeups cause 500D ain't worth it for my A40..

Should be getting that next time when I get a SLR or DSLR...

ic.. wat's e diameter of e Canon filters?

got this from my prev thread, hope it helps..

Canon 250D is equivalent of +4 (250mm) and 5T/6T is around +3 which means that 250D will provide a higher magnification. Optically wise, they say that both produce sharp image as it is high-quality achromatic types. And these glasses retain the AF function of the lens.

Filter size for 250D is available on 52mm/58mm, 500D is 72mm, Nikon 3T/4T is 52mm and Nikon 5T/6T is 62mm. Which means that if your lens filter size doesn’t match, then you may need a step up or step down ring (cost about 15$?).

Price for Canon 250D is about 145$
They say Nikon 5T/6T is half the price, so, around 70$

Bare in mind that additional lens degrade image quality somehow… so, consider using extension tube, although AF won’t work, but you’ll hardly need it for macro work. Or, if budget allows, go and get Macro Lens!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.