Macro lens (eg 100mm) as normal lens (eg 18-70mm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

blurblur

Aug 10, 2006
Singapore
Hi, all master here

Can advise on whether I can use Marco (100mm) lens for normal photo taking like using eg 18-70mm lens

Thanks

1st thing, if you ask the masters here to reply to yr tread, most likely you will not get any replies. I'm not a master but yes, a 100mm macro lens can be use as a normal potrait lens.

Of course 100mm cannot be equal to 18mm. :lovegrin:

yes, but what for?

it depends on how you see it... good thing about 100mm is that it's sharp and maybe alittle too sharp for portrait... ;)

and you don't really have to get a 85mm 1.8 just for portraits :) with a 100mm macro you can take BOTH macro and portraits a 2-in-1 lens:lovegrin:

Why not take the 100mm macro lens plus a soft focus filter? cheaper that way?

Hi, all master here

Can advise on whether I can use Marco (100mm) lens for normal photo taking like using eg 18-70mm lens

Thanks

Most definitely so. It is a normal lens with the additional capability of focus at closer distance from your subject. That is why it is called a macro lens

Yes PP is costless... But it can also be time consuming for one who does not know how to, or simply one who does not own a PP software...

I highly recommend a soft effect filter :) it'll only be a one time investment and it's not exactly very costly, PLUS it adds on to your asset! :bsmilie:

PP cheaper.

No lah, PP cannot be costless......software and computer mah.:bsmilie:

Yes PP is costless... But it can also be time consuming for one who does not know how to, or simply one who does not own a PP software...

I highly recommend a soft effect filter :) it'll only be a one time investment and it's not exactly very costly, PLUS it adds on to your asset! :bsmilie:

Most definitely so. It is a normal lens with the additional capability of focus at closer distance from your subject. That is why it is called a macro lens
not only that.. macro lenses focuses slower because they have a longer focusing travel for finer adjustments. Some have the ability to limit the focus distance to speed up the AF-hunt.

So can I say that macro lens is generally longer than its non-macro counterpart?

not only that.. macro lenses focuses slower because they have a longer focusing travel for finer adjustments. Some have the ability to limit the focus distance to speed up the AF-hunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.