27051964-L.jpg

??? Butt
27045994-L.jpg

27045451-L.jpg

27045058-L.jpg

A large Jumping Spider
27037607-L.jpg

Scann69 said:
Did the spider jump onto your lens ;p Nice le.

Thanks! It WAS a relatively larger jumping spider though....larger from thos I normally see.

stormweaver said:
which model u using ? Fz series ? or ?

he has indicated it in his signature...

FZ-10..

jus go to his link and u can even know his setup.. :sticktong

friend,

wat is ur setup for these shots???

as usual is it?

fz5 said:
friend,

wat is ur setup for these shots???

as usual is it?

Yes usual, FZ10+6T+Sigma CU + ext bounce flash

tchuanye said:
Yes usual, FZ10+6T+Sigma CU + ext bounce flash

Hi,

Sorry, I'm still getting used to the Lumix accessories... Enlighten me...

FZ10- The camera of course
6T - ???
Sigma CU - Close up lens? which one?
Ext bounce flash - Got that one

Thanks in advance

saifulbahar said:
Hi,

Sorry, I'm still getting used to the Lumix accessories... Enlighten me...

FZ10- The camera of course
6T - ???
Sigma CU - Close up lens? which one?
Ext bounce flash - Got that one

Thanks in advance

Nikon 6T is a close up filter with +2.9 dioptre power. 62mm thread.
Sigma Achromatic Macro close up filter is a +1.6, meant for the Sigma 70-300mm APO lens to enable it to achieve 1:1 magnification ratio. Had this filter for that lens during my SLR days.

Here is the setup:
21509375-M.jpg

Here is a site of other close up lens:
http://www.angelfire.com/ca/erker/closeups.html

hail to the king of macro......

Hi tchuanye, I had just bought the 6T after seeing your photos but couldn't find the Sigma Achromatic Macro Lens. Do you or anyone knows where I can buy this?

Thanks in advance.

saifulbahar said:
Hi tchuanye, I had just bought the 6T after seeing your photos but couldn't find the Sigma Achromatic Macro Lens. Do you or anyone knows where I can buy this?

Thanks in advance.

I think they don't make this lens anymore...according to this anyway:http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=110991&highlight=achromatic

Just for the record, I had the Sigma CU lens b4 I had the fZ10 and it was from my SLR days. I did not specially buy it but am using it because I had it...and it works.

A good equivalent is the Nikon 5T, which is a +1.5 dioptre value, and is close the the +1.6 of the Sigma.

I see... thanks for the info. From your experience, besides the expensive 5T, is there any other options? I was using HOYA +3 but was not happy with it. I'll try to combine both and see what happens...

thanks anyways... great photos... hope to shoot that way one day...

saifulbahar said:
I see... thanks for the info. From your experience, besides the expensive 5T, is there any other options? I was using HOYA +3 but was not happy with it. I'll try to combine both and see what happens...

thanks anyways... great photos... hope to shoot that way one day...

I thought 5T cheaper than 6T? Anyway, the Hoya is a single element lens, and if u stack the 2 (btw, stack the higher dioptre CU closer to the camera), the HOYA will degrade the quality of the 6T, although you get a higher magnification. The edges will be affected but center should be ok. no harm trying anyway.....

hi
anyone can explain the difference between a macro +4 filter and a close up filter? I have the macro +4 but at 12x zoom on my fz5 and in macro mode, I had to hold the camera about 30 cm away from the object which is too much for me..
will the "closeup" help narrow this gap?

airconvent said:
hi
anyone can explain the difference between a macro +4 filter and a close up filter? I have the macro +4 but at 12x zoom on my fz5 and in macro mode, I had to hold the camera about 30 cm away from the object which is too much for me..
will the "closeup" help narrow this gap?

A +4 filter is a Close up filter. It is like a magnifying glass.

The 30cm is the working distance, and its a plus point.....allows good distance not to disturb subjects, and allows ext flash to provide lighting....
Not sure what is good for you.....you should be looking at end results..wht magnification it gives you....

Side issue: I just don't understand the claims of 0 cm macro distance as a plus point! only if you are taking still objects, that is fine....but you must have good lighting etc...which at 0 cm, should have some shadow???

tchuanye said:
A +4 filter is a Close up filter. It is like a magnifying glass.

The 30cm is the working distance, and its a plus point.....allows good distance not to disturb subjects, and allows ext flash to provide lighting....
Not sure what is good for you.....you should be looking at end results..wht magnification it gives you....

Side issue: I just don't understand the claims of 0 cm macro distance as a plus point! only if you are taking still objects, that is fine....but you must have good lighting etc...which at 0 cm, should have some shadow???

oops..kust posted the same question under the "macro" section before you replied...so it looks like its a matter of skill rather than technical limitatins...sigh..thanks for the reply...

airconvent said:
oops..kust posted the same question under the "macro" section before you replied...so it looks like its a matter of skill rather than technical limitatins...sigh..thanks for the reply...

What I mention is a technical aspect, i.e. with close up lens, there will be a min. working distance.... :)

It will be good if you could post your pics here for comments.....so that others know what are the problems you face, and how to improve etc.....the forum is for one to learn from one another.... I will try to answer if I can too :D

Status
Not open for further replies.