Macro for taking facial features

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maraki

Mar 6, 2007
Hi, can anyone suggest a good marco lens for taking facial features? Which would be better to work with? the nikkor 105 or 60? Wld the VR help alot or can i do without it?

Besides nikkor 105 or 60, hows the other macro lens, like from tamron, sigma and tokina?

Thanks

any lens will work. if your model is comfortable with you being close, you can always use the 60mm.

thanks...but from ur experience which wld be easier to work with? Have u tried the tokina 100 mm one? how do u find it?

105mm nikkor lens, nothing beats it.

I have only tried with the 105VR before. it is a good lens but like I said earlier, any lens would work. just how comfortable will the subject be and now close you want to be is the issue.

since you are taking pic of skin and not insects, you can use 50mm and extension tubes. :)

cheaper option. :)

Not into macro, not yet that is, but wouldn't a macro lens to "too sharp" for potraiture?

It's an alternative, of course, but I kind of think there're more suitable lens out there ... the AF 85mm f/1.4 or f/1.8, the 105mm / 135mm DC or even mid-tele zooms for that matter.

TS wants to take facial features not portraiture. If TS wanted to take the latter, any lens will also do.

Your point is noted. Thank you.

I recommend Tamron 90mm f2.8 Di macro, own it and it is very sharp. The price is only half of Nikkor 105VR.

if u r just looking at facial features, go for the 60mm micro.
should be able to get close enough.
VR well, that's subjective. dun help much since i would rather mount it on a tripod for macros.

nikkor 105mm will be more versatile for other needs as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.