Macro & fish eye adapter comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.

VainKid

Aug 1, 2009
Bedok
I was wondering if there's any diff in picture quality or whatsoever with the 2 adaptor as compare with the fixed fisheye / macro lens. Because the diff in price is really a great gap. Thank in advance

here is a pic with a fishy adapter:
572611685_LPVuG-L-1.jpg

you can see, pretty bad vignetting since it most likely wont cover the frame totally and chromatic aberration sets in quite a bit, mainly around the edges of the frame, degrading the image quality. I've seen samples of one attached to a 50mm 1.8 shot wide open and its just uggggh haha

as for a real fisheye:

64859805.jpg

pretty clear you can see the difference in sharpness, the image fills the frame and chromatic aberation is controlled fairly well around the edges...
hence the 900odd dollar difference in them ;p haha

Cool lightning pics, u must have risk ur life while taking it. Anyone got macro pics comparison ? Thanks

haha i didn't take those just random grabs from the net...

a couple google searches can give you comparisons..

Those adapters, unless they're the Raynox, are usually the Vitacon con-job ones. They're rubbish, but con-shops will try to sell it to you for 150-250 SGD.

yes, i mean raynox, i read up the macro adaptor thread in the subforum, i understand its about 100+ thats why i am curious about about the price gap and quality diff. but is it worth to spend on raynox or should i buy the lens ? if macro is not too bad probably i'll invest in fisheye lens and buy macro adaptor or vice versa, whats you guys opinion? sorry i dont have big bucks to burn but im just keen to try out these lens but too expensive for me

here is a pic with a fishy adapter:
572611685_LPVuG-L-1.jpg

you can see, pretty bad vignetting since it most likely wont cover the frame totally and chromatic aberration sets in quite a bit, mainly around the edges of the frame, degrading the image quality. I've seen samples of one attached to a 50mm 1.8 shot wide open and its just uggggh haha

as for a real fisheye:

64859805.jpg

pretty clear you can see the difference in sharpness, the image fills the frame and chromatic aberation is controlled fairly well around the edges...
hence the 900odd dollar difference in them ;p haha

The earlier shot is an adapter simulating a circular fisheye hence the vignetting ard. The Peleng 8mm for instance is also a circular fisheye lens with the vignetting.

the later is a shot taken with a diagonal fisheye lens ( some called them semi fisheye lenses ) , so u dun see any dark border vignetting.

I am not sure of any good quality fisheye adapters, maybe u can give raynox a shot and try before u buy. they do have some good quality attachments for the DV camcorders. The other high quality makers include the ones by Century Optics / Schneider for the movie industries ( but in any case will cost more than an arm for an adapter ... )

ryan

i'm considering raynox which is found in the subforum, anyone bought both raynox adaptor can share your experience ?

Anyone can give a recommendation to a few brands/models for the latter shot?

Raynox is recommended by gurus here

i'm considering raynox which is found in the subforum, anyone bought both raynox adaptor can share your experience ?

Never try the Raynox fisheye before.
But owned the DCR-250 Macro.
Able to get pretty decent results when i paired it with my 50mm f1.8.

Some images in the thread i posted previously. :D
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=573477

Status
Not open for further replies.