macro filter combination

Status
Not open for further replies.

incubus

Nov 3, 2004
galaxy far far away
www.shahrulazmi.com
hi guys. juz got myself some macro filters from a fellow cser.
currently got two +4 hoya filters. is it advisable to stack dem up and shoot?
i tried but, but focusing is quite a problem. im using a yoshida adapter 55mm. do u guys usually use a uv filter then to close up filters?
or juz close up filters without the uv filter? any diff?
juz tryin out some experimental shots. do gimme some advise regarding dis
thanks

incubus said:
hi guys. juz got myself some macro filters from a fellow cser.
currently got two +4 hoya filters. is it advisable to stack dem up and shoot?
i tried but, but focusing is quite a problem. im using a yoshida adapter 55mm. do u guys usually use a uv filter then to close up filters?
or juz close up filters without the uv filter? any diff?
juz tryin out some experimental shots. do gimme some advise regarding dis
thanks

1) +4 is already a very large magnification. and yes you can stack them up and you get +8. But, try out with +4 first, and move up when you get the hang of it.

2) You need to determine your working distance(WD). Just try on something at home, and at 12x, MF, try to move your camera in and out until object become focused. So you get a feel of the WD.

3) Not too sure how the UV filter affects, but I always leave them on and screw the CU on top of the UV.

rgds

thanks for the reply tchuanye. ive tried it with juz one +4 and at a working distance of abt 30cm while zooming at abt 2x-3x
didnt know dat i could go all tthe way to 12x and use a further wd!!

so if i stack the 2 together it means i can stand further away rite??
will there be anything dat i should be aware of?

such as, increased camera shake problems?

thanks

incubus said:
thanks for the reply tchuanye. ive tried it with juz one +4 and at a working distance of abt 30cm while zooming at abt 2x-3x
didnt know dat i could go all tthe way to 12x and use a further wd!!

so if i stack the 2 together it means i can stand further away rite??
will there be anything dat i should be aware of?

such as, increased camera shake problems?

thanks

If you stack them up, you'll get less WD. :nono: The bigger the magnifcation, the lesser WD.

Am I right CY? :think:

juz tried it out abt an hour ago...
these are the results
multiply

sorry dat i have to link it. im using multiply and it does not allow hotlinking i think.

anyway... the watch shots are when i stacked two +4 filters together.
hard to focus had held, WD is a bit farther... but not so much imho. clarity is not so good as u can see. most of the sides are blurred.

need to experiment more during the day....
anytips.. do share
thanks

incubus said:
juz tried it out abt an hour ago...
these are the results
multiply

sorry dat i have to link it. im using multiply and it does not allow hotlinking i think.

anyway... the watch shots are when i stacked two +4 filters together.
hard to focus had held, WD is a bit farther... but not so much imho. clarity is not so good as u can see. most of the sides are blurred.

need to experiment more during the day....
anytips.. do share
thanks

If you are using single element lens, than the edges blur is expected. Its the nature if single element lens. Double element lens will have better image quality.

Tip: For me, I find using MF is easier. Fix the focus, and move your body w/camera to and fro, until the image is in focus, and snap. Use M mode and the response will be faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.