Macro coupler ring

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubric

Apr 14, 2002
Somewhere East
lubitelee.blogspot.com
Hi peeps. I'm looking for a macro coupler ring (also called reversing ring I think). Does anyone know where I can get one locally and how much it'll cost? I'm interested in a 49 - 49mm one. Thanks.

Hey friend,

I have looked everywhetre in Sing but no shop has stock and nobody knows where to get except order from overseas.

SO I have made my own coupling lens with the 2 set-ups.

1) Koboron 70-300mm ( D=67mm) with 50mm (D=49mm).

2) Tamron LD IF AF 200-400mm with Sigma EX 28mm, both with D=77mm

I found out that it would be easier to view the subject with a teleconverter attach to the primary lens.

AF is useless, MF is only applicable when you push your lens to the magnifying range distance. Revice physics and you will understand how the thigs work as well as the calculation for the magnifying part.

Because I dun have extension cord for flash gun, I have to shoot under sunlight. DOF is really critical and hard to obtain sharp image since my lens were really heavy.

Originally posted by rubric
Hi peeps. I'm looking for a macro coupler ring (also called reversing ring I think). Does anyone know where I can get one locally and how much it'll cost? I'm interested in a 49 - 49mm one. Thanks.

What mount are you looking for? Minota, Nikon, Canon ?

The thread size i've seen locally is around 52mm. You can get a step down ring from 49 - 52mm

Originally posted by rubric

Is this for attaching macro/teleconverter lens to a digicam? I have one which is 52-49. Got it from Alley Photo at Raffles City.

Originally posted by Simon
What mount are you looking for? Minota, Nikon, Canon ?
The thread size i've seen locally is around 52mm. You can get a step down ring from 49 - 52mm

Simon, I'm using the 7Hi. But does the mount still matter if I hope to reverse mount a standard MF lens? Where did you see the ring and how much? Tx.

just glue 2 cokin rings together and you'll have what you want.

quite strong bond as there is a large surface area to apply the glue and the distance between the two rings' thread will be minimal.

almost as good as a machined one.

damien

Status
Not open for further replies.