Macro convertor for EF-S 17-55

dkwong99

Feb 3, 2010
Singapore
Hi,

I have an EF-S 17-55 standard zoom lens. It do no have the macro feature, i heard that RAYNOX DCR-150 can convert the kit lens to have a macro capability. May i know are there any similar products in the market can do for 17-55 as well?

Hi,

I have an EF-S 17-55 standard zoom lens. It do no have the macro feature, i heard that RAYNOX DCR-150 can convert the kit lens to have a macro capability. May i know are there any similar products in the market can do for 17-55 as well?

If i m not mistaken the filter thread for 17-55 should be 77mm which exceeds the minmium filter size required for the Snap-on Universal Mount attached to Raynox DCR-150 to be used on the lens (for 52mm to 67mm Filter Diameters only)

Another alternative to look out for is Close up filter Canon 500D though thd diopter stregth is not as strong as raynox.

HTH :)

Hi,

Are you talking about EF-S 17-55 IS f2.8 with 77mm OR
Kit lens EF-S 18-55 IS f3.5-5.6 with 58mm :dunno:

Lots of different cause the filter size for 17-55 is much bigger which, if i rmb correctly they dont fit.

If i m not mistaken the filter thread for 17-55 should be 77mm which exceeds the minmium filter size required for the Snap-on Universal Mount attached to Raynox DCR-150 to be used on the lens (for 52mm to 67mm Filter Diameters only)

Another alternative to look out for is Close up filter Canon 500D though thd diopter stregth is not as strong as raynox.

HTH :)

Thanks and appreciated with your info.:thumbsup: :D

the raynox won't fit.
as what Numnumball had mentioned, you can try the Canon 500D.
Alternative, you can get closeup filters +1 , +2 , +3, +4, i think there are +10 as well.
or you can consider extension tubes as well, canon / kenko .

the raynox won't fit.
as what Numnumball had mentioned, you can try the Canon 500D.
Alternative, you can get closeup filters +1 , +2 , +3, +4, i think there are +10 as well.
or you can consider extension tubes as well, canon / kenko .

Thank you for enlighten me! :D