Status
Not open for further replies.

nntendo

Nov 2, 2006
snip-heart.livejournal.com
hello everybody!

i have a 350d + kit lens.
been using it for a year.

for the past one year, i found out that 90% of my pictures are close-up macro shots.

so now im ready for a new lens! yippee!

recommend me an affordable macro lens and where is the best place to get it? (2nd hand also can)

or anywhere for me to rent it first and evaluate it before purchasing it?

thank you so much!

hello everybody!

i have a 350d + kit lens.
been using it for a year.

for the past one year, i found out that 90% of my pictures are close-up macro shots.

so now im ready for a new lens! yippee!

recommend me an affordable macro lens and where is the best place to get it? (2nd hand also can)

or anywhere for me to rent it first and evaluate it before purchasing it?

thank you so much!

Rent ? I think there some renting services provided by clubsnappers but have to look thru the forum for them and whether have the lens u wanted.
If not wrong, there is a EF-S 60mm Canon Macro lens.
You can also consider the tamron 90 SP DI macro lens which is a :thumbsup: lens. :D

What kind of focal length macro lens to get depends on what kind of subjects you want to shoot as well. Stuff like normal sized flowers, products, etc you'd want something shorter like the EF-S 60mm. For insects you'd probably want something longer, preferably towards the 180mm length. The focal length doesn't affect the magnification (all true macro lenses are 1:1) but it does affect your working distance. Longer macro lenses will allow you to acheive maximum magnification from further away.

can a macro lens use for everyday shots like zoom lens as well... or just meant for macro shots...??? :dunno:

oh. i usually take close-ups of flowers, and product details.
nothing far-from-view.

i looked thru the specs of an EF-S 60mm.
sounds good and just the kind of lens im looking for.

any idea how much it is and wheres the best place to get it?

(im gg to sound stupid here.)

there is a macro lens + telephoto lens?

Have. e.g the Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 APO Macro Super II.

Have. e.g the Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 APO Macro Super II.

That's not a true macro lens. It will only do 1:2 (which is 1/2 lifesize). Anyway, to answer the TS's question, macro lenses can be used like normal lenses (ie, they will focus to infinity). However, they aren't zoom lenses but primes (fixed focal length).

According to the list (http://forums.clubsnap.com/showpost.php?p=2836197&postcount=415), cheapest would be Cathay or Alan Photo at $730.

Problem with an EF-S mount macro lens is that if you wanna use teleconverters or extension tubes for more magnification then you're out of luck.

Affordable macro lens? Try the tamron 90mm. Very good quality and good pricing. Used to sell for 620 but recently I've seen one selling for 590.

Status
Not open for further replies.