Date Picture Taken: May 12, 2007, 1:19:12 PM

Make: NIKON CORPORATION
Model: NIKON D70s
Shutter Speed: 1/30 second
F Number: F/5.0
Focal Length: 90 mm
ISO Speed: 200
Date Picture Taken: May 12, 2007, 3:35:52 PM

the tele converter made everything darker and increased range made the use of a tripod neccessary =[
no flash.
anyway to make shooting easier? i'm kinda struggling to get these images and just to get a good shot of the bugs were exhausting.

knifer

Mar 25, 2007
You can try to get an extension tube instead of a teleconverter. This will reduce the working distance. The extension tube has no internal lens, it's just a tube. Then make 2 flash diffusers, one for the hotshoe and one on slave. This works wonders.

log1t3ch

May 11, 2004
Singapore
You can try to get an extension tube instead of a teleconverter. This will reduce the working distance. The extension tube has no internal lens, it's just a tube. Then make 2 flash diffusers, one for the hotshoe and one on slave. This works wonders.
okies thanks for the advice =D
i've been reading up on doing macros... they did talk alot on flash.
currently broke so i wont be getting those items anytime soon =[
as for the working distance, i'm trying to fill the whole frame up so i wont have to crop the image. i've considered extension tubes before but decided to go for the tele converter.

tchuanye

Staff member
Mar 4, 2003
Visit site
You can try to use your onboard flash (put some diffuser there) to fill flash on your subjects.

#1 : Nice pose captured, but a vertical crop may work better....find it abit tight on the tail and abit too wide space on the left.

#2. Nice subject. a closer view perhaps? or to position the subject at rule of thirds ?

log1t3ch

May 11, 2004
Singapore
You can try to use your onboard flash (put some diffuser there) to fill flash on your subjects.

#1 : Nice pose captured, but a vertical crop may work better....find it abit tight on the tail and abit too wide space on the left.

#2. Nice subject. a closer view perhaps? or to position the subject at rule of thirds ?
thanks =D
for #2 i've tried to position at the top 1/3 of the crop already. and as for a closer view i dont have one as those shots were shakey =[

tchuanye

Staff member
Mar 4, 2003
Visit site
thanks =D
for #2 i've tried to position at the top 1/3 of the crop already. and as for a closer view i dont have one as those shots were shakey =[
You can crop the photo for better composition. Your MP should allow some cropping with good effect. My 4MP FZ10 still lets me crop with still ok quality.

log1t3ch

May 11, 2004
Singapore
You can crop the photo for better composition. Your MP should allow some cropping with good effect. My 4MP FZ10 still lets me crop with still ok quality.
thanks for all the advice pro =D
will put all those to practice on the next shoot

galee

Mar 6, 2007
Nice shots bro... seems like filling your spare time shooting macros dee... how was the lens? :D

log1t3ch

May 11, 2004
Singapore
Using a 2x TC on a tamron 90mm, u shld set to at least F5.6, else will underexpose..
erm.. sorry i dont really understand what that means? if i set it to a higher F number my aperture will be even smaller, here i'm already struggling to keep my hands steady with the slow shutter speed

log1t3ch

May 11, 2004
Singapore
Nice shots bro... seems like filling your spare time shooting macros dee... how was the lens? :D
lol, its ok lah, i'm sure with enough practice i can get better. overall i'm quite happy with the lens at the moment.

galee

Mar 6, 2007
lol, its ok lah, i'm sure with enough practice i can get better. overall i'm quite happy with the lens at the moment.
haha... cool.... u r making me GIAN that lens only... intoxicating... :D

try shooting with tube and mount ur flashgun on ur camera with diffuser aimed at 45 degrees... it should work just nice... :p
I tested out the lens borrowed from a fren and it is superb. F stop should be at F10 to 16 depending on the surrounding environment lighting.... :D no harm giving it a try... lol

log1t3ch

May 11, 2004
Singapore
haha... cool.... u r making me GIAN that lens only... intoxicating... :D

try shooting with tube and mount ur flashgun on ur camera with diffuser aimed at 45 degrees... it should work just nice... :p
I tested out the lens borrowed from a fren and it is superb. F stop should be at F10 to 16 depending on the surrounding environment lighting.... :D no harm giving it a try... lol
haha no $$ at the moment
decided not to buy one because i'm lacking funds for my holiday =[
hopefully i can find some interesting stuff over there to shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.