Macro 2 : 1

Anyone know for macro lens 2 : 1 ? Pls help
I m totally new to macro

Nikon doesn't have a macro that goes beyond 1:1, however you can achieve that through Raynox or extension tubes.

Or, switch to Canon which has an MP-E 65mm macro lens that goes up to 5:1 :bsmilie:

Nikon doesn't have a macro that goes beyond 1:1, however you can achieve that through Raynox or extension tubes.

Or, switch to Canon which has an MP-E 65mm macro lens that goes up to 5:1 :bsmilie:

:think: Welcome to the Dark side , Beware of the red

yumyum said:
Would prime or zoom lens be recommended ?

Hi, some like older zoom lens may have offer on macro mode with manual focus on 1:2 half life size.

Honestly said all the half life can be getting close up, but not so detail you want.

If you really wanna getting pretty closeup the only recommend the list :

Nikon 24-85mm f2.8-4D on 1:2 micro
Nikon 40mm, 85mm DX on 1:1
Nikon 60mm. & 105mm VR FX on 1:1
Tamron 60mm f2 DX on 1:1
Sigma 24mm f1.8 on 1:2 macro

Here is my only using normal 28mm f1.8G with D800 and shot with close up object.

DSC_1042.jpg

Thanks

Last edited:
yumyum said:
Would prime or zoom lens be recommended ?

I don't think you can find a 1:1 zoom macro. You would have to get a prime lens

rain5533 said:
Hi, some like older zoom lens may have offer on macro mode with manual focus on 1:2 half life size.

Honestly said all the half life can be getting close up, but not so detail you want.

If you really wanna getting pretty closeup the only recommend the list :

Nikon 24-85mm f2.8-4D on 1:2 micro
Nikon 40mm, 85mm DX on 1:1
Nikon 60mm. & 105mm VR FX on 1:1
Tamron 60mm f2 DX on 1:1
Sigma 24mm f1.8 on 1:2 macro

Here is my only using normal 28mm f1.8G with D800 and shot with close up object.

Thanks

1:2 is not going to work for TS, who wants a magnification of 2:1. If he starts off with a 1:2 macro, he would need to stack a lot of extension tubes and raynox.

yumyum said:
Just wonder tamron 90 mm f 2.8 is good ? My budget is ard $500

That tamron 90mm f/2.8, I don't think you can handle as well, in my experience.
Shoot for 10pcs and got 7pcs of photos is out of focus.
Unless you using the tripod.

yumyum said:
Just wonder tamron 90 mm f 2.8 is good ? My budget is ard $500

rain5533 said:
That tamron 90mm f/2.8, I don't think you can handle as well, in my experience.
Shoot for 10pcs and got 7pcs of photos is out of focus.
Unless you using the tripod.

Yes the Tamron 90mm is a very sharp lens, for macro shoots you will be using manual focus most of the time, especially if you are going to add extension tubes. So I think it's a suitable for TS's needs. Need not worry too much about autofocus. If there's any blurring, it's due to user problem

Tamron 90mm value for money, very sharp lens.
I sold my to fund d800 , hahahah now think to get it back

It's a great lens, but at 1:1, the lens body is stretched to the max. If what you want is 2:1, adding a raynox is possible, but the lens front element s too close to ur subject and if it's alive, you might scared it off.

If your budget is $500, the Tamron 90mm is the best choice. There are so many nice samples on the internet.

Yes. Used the Tamron 90mm before. Sharp lens at a good price.

I did an experiment long time ago on cheap super macro, I got 12:1 macro with some combo method under 200 sgd budget.

Extreme Macro 12:1 Photo Demo with DAL 18-55, M135mm f3.5, M50mm f1.4 - PentaxForums.com

if you just want a decent 2:1 macro, get a 28mm f2.8 manual lens with aperture ring(any brand, like under 100 sgd), a 49mm to nikon mount reverse ring, a manual extension tube, (under 50sgd for that accessory), you get 2:1 macro in decent form, check this

[video=youtube;wqRn3at0H60]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqRn3at0H60[/video]

close-up filter decrease image quality a lot, if image quality is important, go with extension tube and Flash setup.
any lens can be a macro lens with extension tube. reverse lens way give you more working distance.

Last edited: