Macritchie( Sime Track, Jelutong tower) (GFX intensed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

simonsng

Jan 29, 2003
Central
www.aquaticquotient.com
MNT_8473.jpg

MNT_8477.jpg

MNT_8478.jpg

MNT_8481.jpg

MNT_8483.jpg

MNT_8488.jpg

MNT_8490.jpg

MNT_8492.jpg

MNT_8498.jpg

#10-pix removed due to unsuitable audience

#11-pix removed due to unsuitable audience

MNT_8501.jpg

MNT_8502.jpg

MNT_8507.jpg

MNT_8510.jpg

MNT_8513.jpg

MNT_8517.jpg

MNT_8519.jpg

MNT_8520.jpg

MNT_8529.jpg

MNT_8542.jpg

The butterflies there are so friendly that you can pick them up?

shutterfly said:
The butterflies there are so friendly that you can pick them up?

not exactly ;p they were attracted to my bait and while they were bz feasting.. I just grab them from the back with 2 fingers :bsmilie:

simonsng said:
not exactly ;p they were attracted to my bait and while they were bz feasting.. I just grab them from the back with 2 fingers :bsmilie:

Impressive. By the way did you go there using public transport or you drove there? If it is public transport, how to get there? Really interested to go see this butterfly haven even if no chance to take photos. :bsmilie:

shutterfly said:
Impressive. By the way did you go there using public transport or you drove there? If it is public transport, how to get there? Really interested to go see this butterfly haven even if no chance to take photos. :bsmilie:

2 way there, from the entrance of macritchie, u hike thru macritchie nature trail till you hit the ranger station. the other will be walked in from venus drive thru SICC.

simonsng said:

You should not go back to any of the Nature Reserves again! :thumbsd: :angry:

AntZ said:
You should not go back to any of the Nature Reserves again! :thumbsd: :angry:

what did I do? :dunno:

well, both b'fly was released after the shot and they continued on their business

simonsng said:
what did I do? :dunno:

well, both b'fly was released after the shot and they continued on their business

Even insects need some respect, just sell off your macro lens.

Very nice! Especially the Malay Lacewing ... I only managed to get a "teaser" shot of it

pix #10 & 11 has been removed

yes, I like to apologize to the b'fly I caught :embrass:

chessy
did you manage to get any interesting ones at the tower

antz
I think you can express you dismay about the issue. you can report to SPCA if you find appropiate. But please don't tell me what to do with my life. I'm not being a saint nor a devil, we all make mistakes.

Simon...where was the five bar swordtail taken?

Very nice series... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Lion king said:
Simon...where was the five bar swordtail taken?

Lion king, at the tower area. Managed to spot only one and it was taken quite far away. When do you want to join me? :bsmilie:

ender, thks

AntZ said:
You should not go back to any of the Nature Reserves again!
11 Hours Ago 07:47 PM

AntZ said:
Even insects need some respect, just sell off your macro lens.

Hi AntZ : Did you know that Simon also alert joggers from stepping on the butts ? Seeing him in actions in the field (I saw him on 27 June at Sime Track), I could sense that Simon is a great nature-lover apart from his passion for nature photography . We must have more people like him to promote and protect nature reserve. I believe you do also.

Federick said:
Hi AntZ : Did you know that Simon also alert joggers from stepping on the butts ? Seeing him in actions in the field (I saw him on 27 June at Sime Track), I could sense that Simon is a great nature-lover apart from his passion for nature photography . We must have more people like him to promote and protect nature reserve. I believe you do also.

thks for speaking up for me federick, but its my fault.. let bygones be bygones :angel:

simonsng said:
2 way there, from the entrance of macritchie, u hike thru macritchie nature trail till you hit the ranger station. the other will be walked in from venus drive thru SICC.

Hi Simon,

Wonderful pcis, makes me want to go there this weekend.

Could you provide clear instructions how to reach the place via Macritchie and Venus Drive?

Thanks.

Composition said:
Hi Simon,

Could you provide clear instructions how to reach the place via Macritchie and Venus Drive?

Thanks.

if you want to *run* there, let me know, i may be running there on sunday mornings... :D

Wah :bigeyes: ... 1337

Composition said:
Hi Simon,

Thanks.

see if this is any help
MNT.gif

the map isnt to scale

as I was saying 2 ways to Sime track
1) From Lornie road entrance, take the MacRitchie Nature trail on the right (away from the pier)
2) From Venus Drive, island club road, pass SICC
if you are walking in, walk along the road that is been barricaded. Follow the road till you meet another road on the left leading into Macritchie. Walked till the end then you need to go on the dirt track. You will see another narrow track on the left going into the forest (Don't enter) instead walked till you see the next lefty (granite track), go down along it and you should see the ranger station

if you are driving, go up the slope, pass the guard post (if you are stopped, just tell them you heading to Macritchie). Drive to the end and make a left then a right turn. Then make another left turn into Macritchie, drive till u come to the PUB station. (advise, don't park your vehicle at the entrance of the PUB station) then see the above for direction

hope my direction is clear enough

simonsng said:

Just meet at Thomson Prata House have breakfast then hail a cab. Simpler this way.Simon and I do that all the time. Just tell the taxi driver, you want to go SICC, Singapore Island Country Club... ;p

Simon, maybe next sunday? Oh, I can't wait man!

Status
Not open for further replies.