Macho Egyptian Boy

Status
Not open for further replies.

chenxianghao

Dec 8, 2005
CCK
Youth_Gathering_369CS.jpg

This pic was taken during my trip to Egypt 2 years ago. Please comment :)

Looks snapshot...

is, not looks. heh

Sorry, i very noob..what's the difference between snap shot and protrait? What do you consider snap shot? and what do you consider protrait?

Sorry, i very noob..what's the difference between snap shot and protrait? What do you consider snap shot? and what do you consider protrait?

Chen, to this question, I have asked at least two pro photographers.

They gave me a very great answers:
1. "A snapshot is nearer to life than a portrait."
2. "Forget it. There is now a term called snapshot portrait." :bsmilie:

You can go to the bookstore at Vivocity and flip any photo collection by famous photographers. You will discover that your pic is considered a portrait.

Look at more shots by good photographers and you will be surprised to find that there is no line between a portrait and a snapshot.

:D

The lighting was not ideal. The face is in the shadow. The background is a little too cluttered. The brown colour of the shed behind and the skin tone is close and does not do good to isolate the subject especially it is at where the face is.

BC

Very good observation. :thumbsup:

To TS: keep shooting:)

The lighting was not ideal. The face is in the shadow. The background is a little too cluttered. The brown colour of the shed behind and the skin tone is close and does not do good to isolate the subject especially it is at where the face is.

BC

Thanks dude..

I think clubsnap is really good cause you really got to hear comments from people all around.
thanks again :)

The difference between a snapshot and a portrait is intent.

A picture can fail in its technical aspects but can be a success if it fulfills the creator's intent.

As for the picture itself, it's interesting but would make more sense as part of a collection. This is not a picture that can stand alone.

just ask...any wrong with snapshot? if it can relay a story n feel?

The difference between a snapshot and a portrait is intent.

A picture can fail in its technical aspects but can be a success if it fulfills the creator's intent.

As for the picture itself, it's interesting but would make more sense as part of a collection. This is not a picture that can stand alone.

radedward, i totally agree with you :) Thanks for the motivation!

Status
Not open for further replies.