Machine abstract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Lim

Oct 24, 2005
tRuckabby.jpg

C&C welcomed. thanks :)

Nice subtle feel to it, but I would have preferred it in louder and more contrasty tones.

ronnie_sjr said:
Nice subtle feel to it, but I would have preferred it in louder and more contrasty tones.

Thanks, but i think abstracts are a little deeper then personal preferance on how the picture should look in a WYSIWYG manner.

Have you watched the short animation "The Mysterious Geographic Explorations of Jasper Morello" by Anthony Lucas?

foxtwo said:
Have you watched the short animation "The Mysterious Geographic Explorations of Jasper Morello" by Anthony Lucas?

unfortunately no.

It's very interesting the way he builds his sets. He'll collect bits & pieces of junk, then arrange them on a lighttable for their silhouettes. In fact his animation is entirely of silhouettes.

Your picture reminds me of his work. It'll be great if you had something in the background as well.

http://www.cgexplorer.com/2006/01/10/explorations-jasper-morello-animated-short-movie-trailer/
http://www.jaspermorello.com/gazette/

Hi Chris!

This is an interesting shot, with some very nice shapes. It has a grungy feel to it, yet that conflicts with the soft-light editing you've done to it. Forgive me if I say this, but would it be better for you to explain why you took this picture and made it look this way? In my opinion, abstracts that have posed subjects shouldn't be taken 'as is', and must have a certain interpretation to it. Perhaps you may want to share your interpretation of your photo so we can better understand it?

Still, as this is photography, we can't avoid the technical stuff. The composition of the picture seems to suggest a frame for the main subject, but there are too many empty spaces where this 'subject' should be. As foxtwo mentioned, you may want to have a background that can fill up the negative spaces in the picture.

I can't wait to hear your interpretation of this! It'll help me appreciate your recent works better. :D

Your "soft-focus" PS have created pretty obvious "halos" around all objects... try to soften more.

Status
Not open for further replies.