Status
Not open for further replies.

simon80

Deregistered
Oct 8, 2004
Got a mail saying there will be offer on
" MacBook Pro 1.83GHz STAR BUY! S$2,688 (U.P. S$3,688) SAVE S$1,000! "

So i check out apple
and it does not seem to have a 1.83ghz cpu mac book pro.

anione got this offer too ?

1.83GHz is the older version. Apple stopped producing it. I'm using one now. Check out which version first. Early versions (up to week 10) have a higher probability to have a soft hissing sound.

icic ..
the hissing sound is just some noise pollution u mean ?

how much u bought the other time ?
looks tempting to me ..

No. Hissing sound is a known problem concerning the thermal paste, which Apple over-applied. It's irritating, and if you get a MBP, you'd better hope you don't have it.

I bought from Diversitec (NP Student) at $3477 in March. But it's only for NP Staff and students.

Check out the Apple Store at Wheelock Place. Think they have a discounted price. But not 1.83GHz I think. They're offering 2GHz.

the offer is from wheelock ...
tks probably will check it tml .....

so does it have major problem ? wats a MBP ?

simon80 said:
the offer is from wheelock ...
tks probably will check it tml .....

so does it have major problem ? wats a MBP ?

MBP = Mac Book Pro

xray said:
No. Hissing sound is a known problem concerning the thermal paste, which Apple over-applied. ......

U mean the thermal paste cooking on the processor, just like the sound I hear when frying an egg in the pan?

:bsmilie:

A bit offtopic....sorry....Can a Mac connect to a Windows PDA??? Because I am getting a Mac too.... If cannot sync with my PDA for backup, download new PDA programs, sync email, then I will not get a Mac liao.

For those who are keen

UOB Credit Cards: Massive One-Night Only Closed-Door Sale at AppleCentre@Orchard
Flash your UOB Credit Card at the door to gain entry!Date : 22 Jun 2006 (Thursday)
Time : 9.30pm - Midnight!
Venue : AppleCentre@Orchard
牋Wheelock Place #02-20/22

Apple iPod Video (60 GB)
10% off! Only S$619.20 (U.P. S$688)

Apple iPod Video (30 GB)
10% off! Only S$466.20 (U.P. S$518)

Apple iPod Nano 10% off! Plus, free accessories!

All New MacBooks From S$1,889 only

All Intel Mac Portable & iMac 5% off!

MacBook Pro 1.83GHz STAR BUY! S$2,688 (U.P. S$3,688) SAVE S$1,000!

All 4erMac iPod accessories 50% off!

Avox & iWoofer iPod Speakers 40% off! (U.P. S$289)

All Moshi iPod accessories 50% off!

Yeah, got the email, but the website there puts 1.83 MBP @ $2800 not $2688, found it weird.

I hope to get mine soon... :lovegrin:

espn said:
Get it. :D Don't wait.

as usual ..
probably will check it out if i got time ..

term and condition , suppose to pay with uob ccard
but i already exceed my card limit liao
haha

espn said:
Yeah, got the email, but the website there puts 1.83 MBP @ $2800 not $2688, found it weird.

I hope to get mine soon... :lovegrin:

so u gg tonight?
website don have 1.83

simon80 said:
as usual ..
probably will check it out if i got time ..

term and condition , suppose to pay with uob ccard
but i already exceed my card limit liao
haha
24mths credit lor ;p

The 1.83 is older MBP - http://www.applecentreorchard.com/Gsspromotion.htm

I'm going for the 2.0Ghz one. Hee... I already own a ipod Mini, so don't think I'm going down, my sis might, she's interested in 60GB iPod Video.

They are clearing the first generation of MBP with all the heat, sound probs, discontinued product line but still under limited warranty.

My advice: If it's too good to be true and they are really slashing $1000 (A steep dis)... sounds 2 good 2 be true.

Better get a MBP later. Not now. (Am using a 20" iMac Intel). Eyeing a MBP. :sweatsm:

How the MBP looks on the inside: (FYI)
http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/8233/insidethembppg13ca.jpg
http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/6047/insidethembppg28yf.jpg

I also think so ..
think i skip this round aiming for a powerful desktop first :cool:

Harry Potter said:
A bit offtopic....sorry....Can a Mac connect to a Windows PDA??? Because I am getting a Mac too.... If cannot sync with my PDA for backup, download new PDA programs, sync email, then I will not get a Mac liao.

Sorry, Mac do not support PDAs. You'll need another software to link the 2.

My advice is not to get the cheap MBPs. Unless they let you open up and listen for the sound first. See http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=520159&tstart=15

The whine is normally in the left speaker grille, around the middle. It makes a sound that can be heard when you're in a quiet room. That means an aircon room at home.

The sound is silenced when you run Photo Booth.

Harry Potter said:

Use your MBP with dual boot, mac and win, then can use win XP to connect ur PDA :):)

Status
Not open for further replies.