Macbook Kaboom!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golgotha

Aug 20, 2004
Melbourne/Singapore
Oredered a Macbook yesterday via online. Delivered today. Took out of box and plugged in adaptor. Switch on power, KABOOM! Smoke came out of the Macbook. Now on the way to the service centre.................;(

Oredered a Macbook yesterday via online. Delivered today. Took out of box and plugged in adaptor. Switch on power, KABOOM! Smoke came out of the Macbook. Now on the way to the service centre.................;(

:eek: now that's really down on luck.

You should take a photo of the BOOM!

Will be quite a hit here. Wah, your case extream man. jahahahahaha

post a photo gere le, got fire or not?

Wow... That's the first I've heard of an Apple doing that... Thought only Dell would... :bsmilie:

issit the new core 2 duo?

Wow :bigeyes: I heard they are fast but this is too hot too fast for me ;) Did apple say what wrong with it?

Most probably power.

Maybe the Mac was configured for use at 110Vac (U.S standards). Could be the power

adaptor faulty or lastly could also be the battery got prob.

Maybe they gave you the 110V ac adapter instead of the 230V one.

Just left the Service center, exchanged the adaptor. Was told at first that they dun have any replacement for adaptor. Told them nicely that this is my 1st time buying an Apple product and the set was delivered to me barely an hour ago. Surely they won't want to disappoint a new user. Anyway they changed the adaptor from another set. Now going back...not sure if it affected the macbook or not. Dun even know what to check. :(

Just left the Service center, exchanged the adaptor. Was told at first that they dun have any replacement for adaptor. Told them nicely that this is my 1st time buying an Apple product and the set was delivered to me barely an hour ago. Surely they won't want to disappoint a new user. Anyway they changed the adaptor from another set. Now going back...not sure if it affected the macbook or not. Dun even know what to check. :(

Hmm.... smoke come out from the Macbook itself, but service centre replaced the ac adapter. I don't think your problem is solved yet.

Tired after a week of hard work, just wanna go home and rest. If really so suay, 1st time use Mac turns out like this then too bad..........will see how it goes over the weekend. If smoke comes out again then sigh.........Merry Xmas to me liao :bsmilie:

By the way, the call center for Apple is not local?

You better have it checked and demand a complete replacement, esp if the smoke is from the macbook. Don't think the adaptor is at fault. Delivering defective products is definitely not "An act of God".

What if your hands got burnt by an exploding Macbook? You can easily sue Apple for causing you harm by delivering a defective product. It is definitely cheaper for Apple to give you a new replacement.
;p

It might originally be an ac adapter problem, but that might have damaged the Macbook as well.

As for the call centres, nowadays when you call those support lines, you never know where the guy at the other end of the line is cos they are mostly outsourced.

It might originally be an ac adapter problem, but that might have damaged the Macbook as well.

As for the call centres, nowadays when you call those support lines, you never know where the guy at the other end of the line is cos they are mostly outsourced.

u might be talking to your anonymous IRC fren u know... in india or philipines... :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.