Macbook batt dying!

Headshotzx

Dec 14, 2007
Punggol
Hey all! Need some help here. My less than 2 year old macbook 13" aluminum has a very weak battery...

Charge Information:
Charge remaining (mAh): 463
Fully charged: No
Charging: Yes
Full charge capacity (mAh): 1477
Health Information:
Cycle count: 453
Condition: Poor
Battery Installed: Yes
Amperage (mA): 1099
Voltage (mV): 12272

Is there anything I can do to make it better other than getting a new batt??

Zexun

453 cycle counts in less than 2 years .... :) I'm surprised your battery did not start dying earlier...... battery longer life tip: always take out the battery if your laptop is drawing juice from a wall socket

453 cycle counts in less than 2 years .... :) I'm surprised your battery did not start dying earlier...... battery longer life tip: always take out the battery if your laptop is drawing juice from a wall socket

Ohh I'm always in and out of my house (i'm a student) so every day I use the laptop ya! So this is bad, and I need to replace the laptop batt? :(

Ohh I'm always in and out of my house (i'm a student) so every day I use the laptop ya! So this is bad, and I need to replace the laptop batt? :(

Have you fully drained the battery in a while?

I have a mid-2009 MacBook and I let it discharge until the warning from time to time, but the computer itself will discharge and reset itself also. I only have six charge cycles since October 2009 and looks like this:

Charge Information:
Charge remaining (mAh): 4788
Fully charged: No
Charging: Yes
Full charge capacity (mAh): 4944

I know of the "calibration" thing but idk how exactly to do it. Tried it once according to apple's website support thing, but somehow it didn't work! Help me! :)

In fact, the "newer" laptops draw power from the wall socket directly (thus bypassing the battery itself) when the battery is fully charged (that applies to my 33months macbook as well) so pulling the battery out doesn't really make a difference imo :bsmilie:
My battery is currently standing at 3567/5020mAh after 263 cycles btw.

Guess TS needs to buy a new battery liao haha.

did you buy Applecare?

In my case, i am using third party battery for my Macbook and thus far working quite well.

Last edited:
Where can I get a third party mac batt?

Where can I get a third party mac batt?

Drop by Sim Lim Square #02-70 or #02-41. ;)

Btw one tip for you. Don't wait till the battery is totally drained then charge it. This will effectively reduce the number of cycles.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip and store recommendation :) Any particular brand recommendation? I could scour ebay and get lots of bad products soo...

Thanks for the tip and store recommendation :) Any particular brand recommendation? I could scour ebay and get lots of bad products soo...

The shop only sells one brand. ;)

Price's good and the products are pretty reliable.

Given a choice of longer battery power and ease of changing batteries, i would rather bring spare batteries.

Now i have the 3rd party with the original as a 50mins backup. gives me about 4+ hours at full power.