Macbook AIR !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where's the battery :think:

someone was telling me that there were rumours? that apple had registered a patent for WIRELESS CHARGING TECHNOLOGY

go figure

someone was telling me that there were rumours? that apple had registered a patent for WIRELESS CHARGING TECHNOLOGY

go figure

it's possible. i've read it somewhere in some tech magazine. but wasn't aware that it's from Apple.

I think it was done recently by a team in MIT. Electicity can flow wirelessly but the trick is getting it efficient. I think it was done successfully RECENTLY in MIT but I think it is still far from a product.

Knowing apple, I think the new macbook will be very stylish and portable. I just hope it has a battery life of around 9 hours like sony's ultra portable.

link

apparently the patent was already done in 2005. looks like it's old news, lol

dun think so as in Apple patented the technology or the technology itself is not possible?

something about using ions

but rumours are rumours after all!

link

apparently the patent was already done in 2005. looks like it's old news, lol

I believe anything is technically possible just a matter of when - I think even teleport or time travel is possible but maybe not within the next 1000 to 5000 years' technology. Humans think not possible now due to our current understanding of technology and science.

What I mean is I dun think wireless charging will be in this MWSF.

I think the apple patent is a bit old. The one done by the MIT team in 2007 is very interesting and supposedly pretty efficient which is the key, efficiency.

It's confirmed by good ol' Steve!

* 13.3" LED backlit display
* Full-sized keyboard
* HDD: Either a 1.8" 80GB hard disk, OR, a 64GB flash!

:dunno:

like i said, rumours mar

price damn high sia for the specs usd$1799

It is such a disappointment. Other than being thin.... it doesn't really have anything going for it. Sony already had a $3k notebook that is 12.1" lighter with a built-in optical drive and 9 hours battery life compared to apple....

I think it it s HUGE mistake making a 13" notebook instead of a 12" notebook. I want an ultraportable and weight and battery life is the most impt issues. not THICKNESS.....

update:
http://digg.com/apple/MacBook_Air_doesn_t_have_a_user_replaceable_battery

5 hours battery life and NON-USER-REPLACEABLE battery??? what are you going to do when you run out of battery? Usually 5 hours battery means like 3-4 hours after a year... like that really not very useable.

Status
Not open for further replies.