Macbook air with Windows XP

hlkho

Oct 2, 2006
hi...I have Macbook air and with windows XP installed. After boot up with Windows, seems like i cannot install all the drivers for the machine hardware. Tried BCUpdateXP, but nothing happen.

Any idea where to download all those driver for this machine?

hi...I have Macbook air and with windows XP installed. After boot up with Windows, seems like i cannot install all the drivers for the machine hardware. Tried BCUpdateXP, but nothing happen.

Any idea where to download all those driver for this machine?

Put in your MacBook Air Restore Disc to install the BootCamp software and drivers.

i did restore once with the flash drive instead of CD/DVD. But the bootcamp only generate files/drivers for windows 7 instead of win XP.

i Would like to know too...
which mean Mac book air is sure support Win7 but may not for XP?

I just successfully installed with win 7 OEM. Conclusion, it support Win 7 but not win XP, since there is no version of Bootcamp that can generate Drivers for Win XP. I called Apple Tech Support many times, seems like they not really know well their products (anyway, this is current market. Many CSO dunno their own products not only Apple if you happen to call for phone support). Apple CSO even told me OEM version is not supported , only Retail version is supported. For me, they are the same, only packaging. I told them I already installed Win XP Pro OEM, only don't have drivers for the machine. He told is this is "strange", WTH. And now Windows 7 OEM is proven working. What can they say?

I just successfully installed with win 7 OEM. Conclusion, it support Win 7 but not win XP, since there is no version of Bootcamp that can generate Drivers for Win XP. I called Apple Tech Support many times, seems like they not really know well their products (anyway, this is current market. Many CSO dunno their own products not only Apple if you happen to call for phone support). Apple CSO even told me OEM version is not supported , only Retail version is supported. For me, they are the same, only packaging. I told them I already installed Win XP Pro OEM, only don't have drivers for the machine. He told is this is "strange", WTH. And now Windows 7 OEM is proven working. What can they say?

There are 2 types of OEMs... the ones you get from SLS/ Funan with no fancy plastic cases, and the ones you get when you bought your computers from known manufacturers e.g. Lenovo, Acer, HP, Dell etc. The later will not be able to run on your Apple machine. The Apple CSO is right, partially.

yeah.....i know there r 2 types....one with manufacturer name like acer,& etc that comes with your machine normally....the other one is just OEM windows without manufacturer name which is just like a booklet with CD/DVD. According to Apple CSO and under their setup guides, OEM windows is not supported. They also feel strange why OEM Windows XP can be installed when I told them, but now Windows 7 OEM can be installed with drivers as well which I haven't tell them...Another Apple CSO even guide me to download BCUpdateXP, which is drivers for WIN XP, which is cannot run at all under Windows XP and this CSO not even tell me OEM is not supported even I informed her that I am using OEM Win XP.