Macau Fireworks Festival 2013

Umeiko

Apr 27, 2007
It's the 25th year of Macau Fireworks Festival. Wish I could be there every weekend to shoot the fireworks. This is my first time shooting with the crowd in Macau. I am grateful the Hong Kong photographers let me squeeze in between them to shoot the fireworks!

Macau tower night scenery
9817388455_891be7bdee_b.jpg

Fireworks by Spanish Team
9817387965_b5cfeae307_b.jpg

Last edited:
very nice!

I was there too! just came back... caught the 19th and 21st show! pretty normal display besides the Australian team which was nice. seems like ur angle is much better.. shot from cotai?

Very nice

I was there too! just came back... caught the 19th and 21st show! pretty normal display besides the Australian team which was nice. seems like ur angle is much better.. shot from cotai?

Cool. Guess the typhoon missed Macau. Your stay will be more worth it. Can catch two nights of fireworks.

Last year shot from Mandarin Oriental side. This year tried Cotai, which provides a nice background.

If you going next year, we can meet there. :)

Very nice

very nice!

Thanks, rtbh and jtsky.

Cool. Guess the typhoon missed Macau. Your stay will be more worth it. Can catch two nights of fireworks.

Last year shot from Mandarin Oriental side. This year tried Cotai, which provides a nice background.

If you going next year, we can meet there. :)

u went alone or with a group of friends? i went this year partly cos its the 25th competition... might not be an annual event for me.. haha.. costly to stay there.. anyway hope to see more of ur photos, always been an admirer of ur fireworks pics including our NDPs ones... i think u can try covering taiwan national day fireworks if u've not already done so. that was my most amazing experience yet!

Impressive capture of fireworks. Is this a pano camera, or cropped to pano format?

u went alone or with a group of friends? i went this year partly cos its the 25th competition... might not be an annual event for me.. haha.. costly to stay there.. anyway hope to see more of ur photos, always been an admirer of ur fireworks pics including our NDPs ones... i think u can try covering taiwan national day fireworks if u've not already done so. that was my most amazing experience yet!

I was the only Singaporean in the sea of people from Macau and HK. Glad to share my photographs. I will check out on the next Taiwan National Day. I suppose you shoot from the mountain?

Impressive capture of fireworks. Is this a pano camera, or cropped to pano format?

Thanks. I used Nikon D800 with 24mm-70mm lens. The 36 megapixel gives me a lot of room for cropping the photo.

Fellow photographers from Macau and HK waiting from fireworks to start. They started waiting since 5pm. The timing is quite similar to the time crowd will start to form at Singapore NDP rehearsals or actual day.
One continuous line of people was formed along the waterfront. If you look closely at the photo, you can also see the silhouette of people on the other side of the waterfront.

9934880735_d01ddbcf6b_b.jpg

bluesky1, as requested, more fireworks photos to share.

Fireworks by Spanish Team
9935104984_be7bc71546_b.jpg

Fireworks by South Africa Team
9935595486_1032c996d3_b.jpg

9935714203_52b3805abb_b.jpg

9935712683_e614181d7d_b.jpg

Nice. Thanks for sharing.

wow... looks like ur side u shot from was so much more crowded! great shots!