MAC vs PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuglybird

Aug 6, 2005
Hi all,
i'm planning to upgrade my computer soon but i was wondering which should i get..a mac or pc? i'm a current PC user but i use a G5 mac in school. i would say a mac beats a pc in terms of what you can do with it for digi imaging and such. but i like the way the pc handles your files. what do you guys think? and also for the price of a G5 mac i could get a PC with better components.
cheers.

PC show coming. great deals not to be missed that's why.

This topic is practically like debating about religion. If you have a big budget and you don't play games, go ahead and get a G5 or a 20" iMac. Looking at your photos will never be more fun.

apple is not participating in coming PC show
sls still got a better price compare to the show if ur loking for a DIY desktop

windows home desktop
apple - laptop

:)

nuglybird said:
Hi all,
i'm planning to upgrade my computer soon but i was wondering which should i get..a mac or pc? i'm a current PC user but i use a G5 mac in school. i would say a mac beats a pc in terms of what you can do with it for digi imaging and such. but i like the way the pc handles your files. what do you guys think? and also for the price of a G5 mac i could get a PC with better components.
cheers.

Go with your feeling. Only you can tell which one suitable for you. Both are good. Both have pros and contras.

Regards,
Arto.

Since you've used both Mac and PC before, the go with what you like and what is more important to you? File handling(whatever you mean by that..haha) or a more stable OS with much less problems. I've used a PC till i bought my Mac last year. And speaking on less technical terms, now i understand why Mac users have so much fun - because they worry about less things that PC users do (like the blue screen of death, silly viruses and worms etc.). =)

Just my POV. Go with what you really like. =)

vii_haven said:
now i understand why Mac users have so much fun - because they worry about less things that PC users do (like the blue screen of death, silly viruses and worms etc.). =)

Do people actually worry about these things? :think: I have never really worried about these anymore ever since I switched to WinXP - it's pretty solid, and I cant wait for Win Vista!

anyway, if the OP is not a computer gamer, then the mac isn't a bad idea too.
I would never switch to a mac because I play too many online games on the PC that wont run on a mac.

There was a time long ago when dinosaurs walked the earth and a PC was the last thing you would use for gaming. You'd go for an Apple or better yet, an Atari.

PC at home cause.
- easy to DIY upgrade
- I play games
- easier to find 'friendly' stuff...

If above not important than consider Macs.

nuglybird said:
Hi all,
cheers.

If you are just upgrading your system.. you already have mouse, monitor.. Mac Mini.. you can always load WinXp for the dual boot capability..
You have 2 OS in one system..

one BIG minus for the G5 20" IMAC is that it is BLOODY HOT. You practically need to have very good circulation or turn on the air con all the time when you are using it. Cuz the whole PC is right in front of you generating heat.

This is the BIGGEEST minus IMHO for the IMAC.

wind30 said:
one BIG minus for the G5 20" IMAC is that it is BLOODY HOT. You practically need to have very good circulation or turn on the air con all the time when you are using it. Cuz the whole PC is right in front of you generating heat.

This is the BIGGEEST minus IMHO for the IMAC.

I have a G5 20" iMac and mine is not even hot at all. I can use it for the whole day without the air con in my room (with a normal fan) and its still running solidly.

The useless PC outside my room is what i call hot!

Perhaps there's something wrong with the ventilation in your room?

im using ibook g4 now..its awesome! no worries bt viruses! the graphics r gr8 too.. but kinda troublesome when i need to use software tt cant be run on mac.

Latest Macs running on Intel Duo Core chips can run Windows OS. Literally Best of both worlds!

Get a mac. You will not regret it. Stable platform for digital art work and also work. Have the best feature which no other OS have.

The new Intel Core Duo on the iMac, macMini, MacBook and MacBook Pro are fast and more powerful than it's PPC's processors :) :thumbsup:

Once you go MAC, you'll never go back. :bsmilie:

Why not go down to iShop at Cine and give the new Intel Macs a test-run.

for the iMac, it will be powerful enough for your gaming needs as it ultilises the X1600 128mb graphic card.

You can run both Windows XP and Mac OS and Linux. :)

Mac.....all the way.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

mac la... 20" imac... u wont regret the compactness of such a huge beauty.

Status
Not open for further replies.