Mac users on CS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terence

Nov 16, 2003
I'm a Llama!
Wondering how far has Apple reached into the photography community here on CS.

I personally switched about 3 years ago, still have my old iBook G3/700mhz 12".

Recently sold a 12" PB and acquired my new rev D 17" PB.

Wai said:
Apple ][e as antique and using an ibook G4 1.25Ghz now

Apple II series is never a Mac and ought not be categorized as a Mac.

A Mac user from 1990 was IIcx & Classic II, now Dual G5.

Used to have Mac IIsi (in fact its probably still somewhere in my mum's house).

Mac mini on the way. But this will live side by side with the other x86 PCs in the house ;)

Proud owner of iMac G3 700mhz (home usage for wify and family), powerbook Ti 15" (K.O. soon), Powerbook Alu 12" (portable working horse) and G5 dual processer (main working horse). Mac fanatic huh... Hehee...

Maybe Mac mini or iMac G5 on the way if business good.

hey guys, how did u get your mac version photoshop? anywhere to get it cheap but still not break the law?

lualua said:
hey guys, how did u get your mac version photoshop? anywhere to get it cheap but still not break the law?

Buy it as Edu price lor ... provided if you are still a student or in the teaching profession ... ;)

Just gave away my iMac G3 266 not too long ago. Still have my trusty 4-year-old G4 466 and the new baby is a 2-month-old iBook 12' 1.2

oeyvind said:
Apple II series is never a Mac and ought not be categorized as a Mac.

A Mac user from 1990 was IIcx & Classic II, now Dual G5.

both got the half-eaten apple logo, so to me, they are the same :blah:

Wai said:
both got the half-eaten apple logo, so to me, they are the same :blah:

Very very different. One is using ancient 8 bit CPU and was very open with lotsa clones, and no real GUI.

When you mention Mac, it's always related to the GUI, WYSIWYG, etc.

The statement you've just mention is like saying all Asian are the same.

Anyway check out this new piece on Joy of Tech:

http://www.joyoftech.com/joyoftech/joyarchives/652.html

What RAW converters do you all use? Sorry but I feel CS-Raw converter really quite cannot make it... :thumbsd:

i w a n t m y m i n i M a c ! ! !
i use a PC, but wish it was a Mac.

i bought my mum an ibook G3 (12") and just love "borrowing" it... I wish I know how to make it see my company's Linux based LAN. i dont understand why i cant see it...

mr_jason said:
What RAW converters do you all use? Sorry but I feel CS-Raw converter really quite cannot make it... :thumbsd:

ACR is actually very good once calibrated, for speed and effectiveness in workflow try C1 Pro

Wow, I expected the iBooks to outnumber to PowerBooks but it doesn't seem that way one day after the poll was started.

Just received my new PBook has shipped :) Woohoo! Well, until credit card bill comes next month.... :(

Nice link Tim, had a good laugh.

was toying with the idea of gettting an ibook.. so where is the store/eshop that sells them cheapest? thks!

Status
Not open for further replies.