Mac Users: Aperture 2 or Photoshop CS4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iSuse123

Jun 3, 2008
Tampines
Hi CS users,

Right now, I am using Aperture 2, has lots of great features and most of the time i edit photos in batches but many of my friends recommend me using Photoshop. I'm thinking of switching to Photoshop too because Aperture 2 runs quite slow on my macbook pro. Photoshop can only edit raw files 1 at a time right?

don't know which to choose, if you were me, between these 2 software, which would you choose? thanks.

May 5, 2007
Singapore
I think someone confused you. The Aperture equivalent is Lightroom. Not Photoshop.

You can perfectly well use Aperture PLUS Photoshop. Photoshop is for the heavy editing/post-processing. Where as Aperture (and Lightroom) is to manage/organize your pictures, and a bit of very light post-processing. E.g. I only do a bit of exposure, clarity, saturation, vignetting, CA correction, and color profiles in LR. The rest - serious level adjustments, masks, cloning, etc. in Photoshop.

So don't throw away Aperture - but google 'round-trip editing Aperture + Photoshop' - it's fun. But you need a fast machine (also for Photoshop)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom