Mac problems again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golgotha

Aug 20, 2004
Melbourne/Singapore
Friday, macbook kaboom,went down to svc centre, was told adaprtor problem then today tried to charge it, it's not charging at all! Feel cheated.........dun think i will use another Apple product anymore.

Have to take leave to go down on monday .........argh.i haven't even turn on the Macbook yet man.............and I've got to go down twice! Tested the adaptor when i was there on friday and it was working.........

There will always be lemons.

You should buy 4d/toto owing to your incredible "luck"

Maybe your house's power supply is kind of flaky. You might want to check that.

Don't give up on Apple yet. Normally, if I buy a defective product, if the vendor/agent willing to repair/exchange it, I'm still ok. Case in point, when I first bought my Oly 5060, I got the common problem of the mode dial contact problem but Oly SC repaired it and it's ok.
There is always a chance of getting a defective product, even if you buy from the best brands.
Only when I don't get it repaired/replaced satisfactorily then I'll blacklist the brand.

i think sway is sway, but overall it's still a bad customer experience. the service recovery by the staff, be it apple themselves, or their retailers, have to be sensitive and alert when they get such cases, if rare.

so let's see how they handle you lor. u said it already, haven't even on the thing, already have to go down twice, taking leave somemore.

another thing to take note, on it when u first buy it. anything above $100 i will ask the shop to on it for me. not becos i ngeow. cos i really dun wanna come back, waste time, petrol, erp, parking, etc etc just to do wat i shoulda done right the first time, under normal circumstances. :)

i think sway is sway, but overall it's still a bad customer experience. the service recovery by the staff, be it apple themselves, or their retailers, have to be sensitive and alert when they get such cases, if rare.

so let's see how they handle you lor. u said it already, haven't even on the thing, already have to go down twice, taking leave somemore.

another thing to take note, on it when u first buy it. anything above $100 i will ask the shop to on it for me. not becos i ngeow. cos i really dun wanna come back, waste time, petrol, erp, parking, etc etc just to do wat i shoulda done right the first time, under normal circumstances. :)

Given their reputation for relibaility, I bought the product via apple online store, hence didn't have the chance to check it on the spot. Nevertheless, will see how it goes on monday.

Given their reputation for relibaility, I bought the product via apple online store, hence didn't have the chance to check it on the spot. Nevertheless, will see how it goes on monday.

Same here, company bought 5 MacPro desktops...and 2 of them having problems to install the OS. Brand new somemore.

Definitely not a good consumer experience.

:thumbsd: :embrass: :thumbsd:

Same here, company bought 5 MacPro desktops...and 2 of them having problems to install the OS. Brand new somemore.

Definitely not a good consumer experience.

:thumbsd: :embrass: :thumbsd:
same here .... got a mini Mac and 14 mths later, HD crashed .... pay to replace.
No more Mac for me :thumbsd: .... till maybe can get it free from Singnet or Starhub in future ...:think:

same here .... got a mini Mac and 14 mths later, HD crashed .... pay to replace.
No more Mac for me :thumbsd: .... till maybe can get it free from Singnet or Starhub in future ...:think:

HDD crashed? Gee...........now I dunno lei, maybe I'm destined to stick with a Windoze........this is my 1st time buying an apple product.......

Ok, called them up instead of going down. They suggested a refund. They will also send a courier to pick up the MB. Sigh.

HDD crashed? Gee...........now I dunno lei, maybe I'm destined to stick with a Windoze........this is my 1st time buying an apple product.......

Erm...to be fair...HDD can crash on any system be it Mac or Windooze or even Unix...becoz most likely the supplier are Seagate, Hitachi, Samsung or WD :dunno:

Same thing, power supply can fail on IBM, HP, Sony or Dell...they are OEM from the some contract manufacturer :(

Status
Not open for further replies.