Mac OS on PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrailsofLife

Jul 6, 2004
Singapore
I read this here somewhere sometime ago but can't find it anymore. Anyone have any clue or link on running Mac OS Panther on PC notebook? I remember someone actually using it on a laptop and showed an image of his laptop running OS Panther, Not the PearOS or CherryOS.

Thanksamillion!
Max 2.8

Max 2.8 said:
Thanks!

But, wow! Looks like not any machine can do that hur?

If you want to proceed with as little problems as possible, use a notebook with as similar a hardware spec (chipsets, video) to Apple's Macbook Pro as possible, or if building a Mac-clone, get a mainboard and processor with similar specs (esp. keep to onboard GMA 900/950 video chipsets) to what Apple is using for their Mac Minis and iMacs. It's really NOT going to be perfect, but heck, if you're fussy, might as well buy a real Mac ;-)

A single core powered Mac Mini is only around $1k these days. The Macbooks (i.e., iBook replacements) are rumoured to be coming on line pretty soon.

That said, an Intel D915GLVG mainboard and a Celeron D 331 (supporting SSE3) can be a pretty cheap combo for a DIY 'Mac' if you have other spare parts like RAM, drives, casing and PSU lying around, and you like to do it the macho way.

Up to OSX 10.4.5, this board appears to be very very problem free - as in no funny patches, all ports going in and out work. Not that powerful though unless you go for a higher spec CPU, or another Intel board and a dual core Pentium. Please choose the right chipset if you're planning to build one.

I am a mac user with a PC notebook, I bought to try PC, so not familiar with PC. Although alot of people says Mac is better, I personally found PC quite enjoyable to use. Here's my configuration for my notebook. Maybe you can tell me if mine is ok.

System Model: Inspiron 700m
System Type: X86-based PC
Processor: x86 Family 6 Model 13 Stepping 6 GenuineIntel ~1694 Mhz
Memory: 512MB
HD: 40GB

Can't find the chipset or video thing you're talking about. :dunno:
Anyway, just wanna try for fun lah.

Status
Not open for further replies.