Mac Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

weekh

Sep 6, 2004
Do u think the Mac Mini is powerful enough for CS2 / Aperture to process my RAW files?

weekh said:
Do u think the Mac Mini is powerful enough for CS2 / Aperture to process my RAW files?
Have not tried. :dunno:
why not you make yr way down to PC show and try the application. see how does it responds. :)

the new intel core duo mac mini will be best. but same as any gadgets, wait for the 2nd batch before purchase.

i'm looking at getting a mini myself but not now.. only when i head overseas (won't want to lug my desktop there)

currently you won't get the maximised the "full" power of the processor since CS2 would be running on rosetta instead of being a universal binary

http://www.adobe.com/products/pdfs/intelmacsupport.pdf

maybe someone who does have a intel-based mac machine can do some sort of benchmarking with CS2?

i read reviews that the current intel chips will not do justice to the CS2 software, it may be slower.

I actually bought the G5 imac (non intel version) for $2688 today as i already own the current software, no point for the intel version. Rushing to buy the last few sets before its gone.

For my work the older model is 'better'

speaking of which, Mac mini (intel or not)doesn't support aperture. It doesn't have a dedicated graphics card which aperture needs.

Castlesinthesky said:
speaking of which, Mac mini (intel or not)doesn't support aperture. It doesn't have a dedicated graphics card which aperture needs.

Wat about Lightroom?

weekh said:

No way. It can't even install Aperture. CS2 is crawling on Mac Mini (even with 1GB RAM). Lightroom is currently available as a Beta version with known issues. UI is similar to Aperture. Read here: http://www.danielsroka.com/article_lightroom.php

IMHO, forget abt Mac Mini, intel version or otherwise.
YOL

Mac mini are not really for heavy applications like CS2 but the intel version is not stable at current stage, after a update from apple or the "CS3" will highly recommended then...

Rumours are out that Adobe CS3 is only to be out next year first quarter.

If you're gonna buy an Intel Mac Mini now, it actually runs Photoshop slower than the old G4. That's from what I gather across all reviews I've read so far.

Sidenote. I have a 1.42ghz MMini, it runs slightly faster/smoother than my Pentium 2ghz.

Can't install aperture, unless you got a hardware hack. Get the max 1gb ram if you intend to use with CS2.

I'm using one.

syke said:
Can't install aperture, unless you got a hardware hack.
Correction: "unless you got a software hack" :bsmilie:

But don't ask me how. ;p

cocoa said:
Correction: "unless you got a software hack" :bsmilie:

But don't ask me how. ;p

lol... my my... silly me.. :bsmilie:

You can easily find the hack on BT.

Hey hey hey... enough hor. :nono: :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.