M42 pentax adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

kohweeloon

May 2, 2004
hi guy

anyone know where can i get a second hand M42 pentax adapter and lenses.

thank

2nd hand M42 Pentax can try Fotographfix at Lucky China Town. Call 62237217 before u go down. However his lenses condition quite good so asking price will not be very low.

Otherwise can try www.keh.com if buying a few.

Adaptor not sure why not buy new one?

Buy the original Asahi one, lotsa different compare wif the OEM one.

was given a pentax m42 bellow by a friend. now trying to know more about the equipment.

blurblock said:
Second that :D .... you might want to try Ebay too, they often have a lot of M42 --> K body adapter for sale.

http://search.ebay.com/search/searc...kr=1&from=R8&satitle=K+M42+Adapter&category0=

Blur, how is yr fsu 100mm f2.8?
I just miss this len on the bay, forgotten about it:
-
russian200side.jpg

-
russian200top.jpg

:think: Interesting, you going for it? :think:

I just won a LX on the bay, so I completed my Trio-X liao.
@@

whoelse said:
:think: Interesting, you going for it? :think:

Nah ... quite happy with the Tamron 90mm :D ... can fit my M42, K, Minolta ... etc etc (Adaptall Mount) :D

blurblock said:
Nah ... quite happy with the Tamron 90mm :D ... can fit my M42, K, Minolta ... etc etc (Adaptall Mount) :D

hi asking a silly question. what is a adaptall mount
can a canon or nikon len fix to a pentex camera.

thank

kohweeloon said:
hi asking a silly question. what is a adaptall mount
can a canon or nikon len fix to a pentex camera.

thank

An Adaptall Mount is a Tamron Invention to allows all it's Manual Mount lenses with Adaptall all mount to work with different cameras.

A Canon or Nikon Lens cannot be mounted on a Pentax Camera without a) losing infinity focusing or b) losing optical quality with an adapter that has a piece of glass in between (if there ever are such adapter)

Hi guys,

Please help me with this query...can the Pentax *istDS2/DS/DL meter and give focus lock confirmation when using any M42 lenses with an adaptor?

I'm tempted to get the DS2, as I have a considerable amount of M42 lenses. :)

Thanks,
Soo Ming

sooming said:
Hi guys,

Please help me with this query...can the Pentax *istDS2/DS/DL meter and give focus lock confirmation when using any M42 lenses with an adaptor?

I'm tempted to get the DS2, as I have a considerable amount of M42 lenses. :)

Thanks,
Soo Ming
yes but if u step down to smaller apertures it wun be as sensitive.

xdivider said:
yes but if u step down to smaller apertures it wun be as sensitive.

Thanks, I finally get to test some M42 lenses on the *istDS2 yesterday...it was fun, and with the help of autometering and focus lock confirmation (even on Russian MIR and Jupiter lenses), it brings new life to all these old forgotten gems.

I am very tempted to get the *istDS2 now, and have also tried and tested that it works with the Nikon DK-17m magnifying eyepiece too (although not for those with spectacles).

Soo Ming

sooming said:
Thanks, I finally get to test some M42 lenses on the *istDS2 yesterday...it was fun, and with the help of autometering and focus lock confirmation (even on Russian MIR and Jupiter lenses), it brings new life to all these old forgotten gems.

I am very tempted to get the *istDS2 now, and have also tried and tested that it works with the Nikon DK-17m magnifying eyepiece too (although not for those with spectacles).

Soo Ming

U made ur own adaptor?

xdivider said:
U made ur own adaptor?

I made one using the standard eyepiece adaptor for the Nikon D70, and it fits the Pentax quite easily too. Works well.

Status
Not open for further replies.