M42 compatible lenses for your KM


Status
Not open for further replies.

Trigger Happy

New Member
Dec 2, 2005
1,328
0
0
cockroach-infested parsee lees
Guys and gals,

here's a website that lists about 438 (i think) lenses that will fit on a M42 screw-mount. you can get a M42-to-KM adapter for about $75 (pm me if u want to know where) and if you can get hold of one of these non-KM lenses, i think you'll have a wide range of lenses to use. i think you may need to use manual drive, but wth, it can't be that bad yah? most lenses listed here are also prob not circulating in the market, but if you come across one, you have this list to refer to.

;)

http://m42.povlab.org/index.php
 

Del_CtrlnoAlt

Senior Member
Feb 15, 2003
16,265
0
0
Outside the Dry Box.
Visit site
Trigger Happy said:
Guys and gals,

here's a website that lists about 438 (i think) lenses that will fit on a M42 screw-mount. you can get a M42-to-KM adapter for about $75 (pm me if u want to know where) and if you can get hold of one of these non-KM lenses, i think you'll have a wide range of lenses to use. i think you may need to use manual drive, but wth, it can't be that bad yah? most lenses listed here are also prob not circulating in the market, but if you come across one, you have this list to refer to.

;)

http://m42.povlab.org/index.php
the M42 - KM for 75 is rather expensive, online is cheaper, but den if only getting that adapter it would be called cheap...

anyway, u won't only buy 1 adapter, its preferably each lens have 1, cos taking it on & off is troublesome unless you have all M42 lens, den fix the M42 permanently on the Dynax mount... hehe...

there is a few lenses i would like to get... but always after thinking about waiting for transport & worrying over the customs & such, abit turn me off... unless there is a vendor in sg who can do the stuff for me, i'd rather pay for such service... like my dvd vendor... just email him, he gimme price, i gum i get... simple... den when things reach sg, den i go his place collect.
 

grado

New Member
Dec 28, 2003
947
0
0


I have M42 lens and they are really value for money. The adapter I bought didnt cost more than $50 at TCW, I remember...
 

Trigger Happy

New Member
Dec 2, 2005
1,328
0
0
cockroach-infested parsee lees
grado said:


I have M42 lens and they are really value for money. The adapter I bought didnt cost more than $50 at TCW, I remember...
and do you lose AF capability? have only heard of and tried the peleng and zenitar fisheyes on this adapter.

anyway won't matter a darn to me though, i spent a day at jurong bird park last weekend shooting on full manual cos my kenko 2x converter rendered my telephoto useless at AF. quite an experience and if this becomes a habit my one batt charge can prob last me over 2000 shots! ;)
 

grado

New Member
Dec 28, 2003
947
0
0
Trigger Happy said:
and do you lose AF capability? have only heard of and tried the peleng and zenitar fisheyes on this adapter.

anyway won't matter a darn to me though, i spent a day at jurong bird park last weekend shooting on full manual cos my kenko 2x converter rendered my telephoto useless at AF. quite an experience and if this becomes a habit my one batt charge can prob last me over 2000 shots! ;)
Yes you lose AF ability, and you may have to adjust the exposure compensation for wide open( - exposure) and stepped down (+ exposure) respectively... Only tested with Dynax 5 and 7(film) before so far... But it works on D7D also. Need to disable the lens detect shutter lock thingy.
 

Trigger Happy

New Member
Dec 2, 2005
1,328
0
0
cockroach-infested parsee lees
grado said:
... Need to disable the lens detect shutter lock thingy.
yes should have mentioned that bit too. was confused for a sec when i tried the peleng. luckily the km menu is very intuitive. the Mac of the camera world i think. btw where did u get yr M42 lenses from? care to share? thanks! ;)
 

grado

New Member
Dec 28, 2003
947
0
0
Trigger Happy said:
yes should have mentioned that bit too. was confused for a sec when i tried the peleng. luckily the km menu is very intuitive. the Mac of the camera world i think. btw where did u get yr M42 lenses from? care to share? thanks! ;)
Bought from Ebay. That 135mm f3.5 lens cost me less than SGD$50 including shipping, haha!
 

Status
Not open for further replies.