M42 Auto-Takumar Lenses Availability

Status
Not open for further replies.

drakon09

Aug 12, 2005
Hi Pentaxians,

Are the M42 Auto-Takumar lenses readily available here in SG?

I've just gotten my hands on a S1, thinking of using it for some B & W film work.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Pentaxians,

Are the M42 Auto-Takumar lenses readily available here in SG?

I've just gotten my hands on a S1, thinking of using it for some B & W film work.

Thanks in advance!

Used to have a few in the 2nd hand shops around Peninisula. But don't see them nowsaday. Did saw one M42 screw mount 50mm f1.4 inside CamX in Peninsula Shopping Center yesterday.

Good luck.:D

Used to have a few in the 2nd hand shops around Peninisula. But don't see them nowsaday. Did saw one M42 screw mount 50mm f1.4 inside CamX in Peninsula Shopping Center yesterday.

Good luck.:D

Thanks for the info, that is one of the lens I'm looking for; also interested in the 100mm macro and a 35mm.

Or are there other lenses that I shouldn't miss?

Thanks for the info, that is one of the lens I'm looking for; also interested in the 100mm macro and a 35mm.

Or are there other lenses that I shouldn't miss?
Zenitar 16mm fisheye.

Bro, why noy check out the eBay listings for Pentax manual lenses. Sooo many M42 lenses listed. With adaptors, there are lenses from other camera makers that can fit to M42 as well.

Bro, why noy check out the eBay listings for Pentax manual lenses. Sooo many M42 lenses listed. With adaptors, there are lenses from other camera makers that can fit to M42 as well.

Yup, doing that, at the same time doing some research on the mount itself.

But that can only go so far; first hand user testimony is invaluable.

Most sites did recommend Asahi Pentax M42s though.

Yup, doing that, at the same time doing some research on the mount itself.

But that can only go so far; first hand user testimony is invaluable.

Most sites did recommend Asahi Pentax M42s though.

And those Super-Multi-Coated Takumar M42 lenses are simply the best imo. No one is making lens in that kind of standard anymore (even Canon L lenses can't compare) :(

for m42 lenses.. let me recommend zeiss jena lenses. super sharp and not very expensive. for portraits.. use the venerable russian helios 40 85mm f1.5.. the best bokeh ever.. pentax lenses are good for black and white. but on color i find them a tad oversaturated. gave my color film an over red color cast.

Status
Not open for further replies.