M20 Trifid Nebula

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
OK... here is it... A single 1.5 minute exposure of M20 Trifid Nebula at ISO800. The sky is not black due to the serious light pollution.
CRW_9386.jpg

Directly converted from the RAW image, resize and save in JPEG format.

Have a nice day.

ICIC, so with the equatorial mount with motor drive, the 15 pics contains stars which are always at the same location in each pic so u just combine the 15 pics?

:bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes: unbelievable!

....you think digiscoping can? ;p

otherwise have to ditch my toy telescope for a real one :sweat:

ICIC, so with the equatorial mount with motor drive, the 15 pics contains stars which are always at the same location in each pic so u just combine the 15 pics?
Hi,
Most of the time they'll shift a bit, because no mount and motor drive will perfectly move exactly the same rate as the Earth rotation. As long as star trails did not appear in a single exposure image, position change of stars is ok and can be fix during post processing by image alignment.

Have a nice day.

Hi,
Most of the time they'll shift a bit, because no mount and motor drive will perfectly move exactly the same rate as the Earth rotation. As long as star trails did not appear in a single exposure image, position change of stars is ok and can be fix during post processing by image alignment.

Have a nice day.

ICic, understood . Thanks man! looking foward to more of your astro photos. :cool:

To weixing,
Uncle james here, that's a beautiful shot of the Trifid Nebula. I alway's thought that the light pollution in s'pore must be intense, wow!!! to get that pic is awsome...THANKS for sharing..........:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: .............JAMES.

i'm thinking...

if we put a large enuff mirror some distance away, we can see into our past. :)

i'm thinking...

if we put a large enuff mirror some distance away, we can see into our past. :)

Yeah right, each time you look into the mirror you are looking at the past since it takes time for the light to travel back to your eye. And to look further back into the past just stand further away from the mirror.:think:

So the only way to see the present is to look inward. :eek:

Great photos of the past! Please post more.:thumbsup:

Wow, great shots and very detailed explanations to boot :thumbsup:

Always thought that we have serious light pollution in our urban jungle, but looks like we can still see some nebulae if given the right exposures.

Well done & keep snapping, looking forward to more astrophotography shots from you ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.