M1 to review broadband service's Fair Use Policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

sclau19

Sep 29, 2006
M1 to review broadband service's Fair Use Policy
- Dec 19, 2006
The Straits Times
I REFER to the article, 'M1's limit on 'unlimited' broadband plan upsets users' (ST, Dec 9). M1's Fair Use Policy was introduced in April to prevent unreasonable data usage by a small group on the shared mobile network that may impact adversely on the usage experience of the majority of customers. We see it as a means to manage the network more effectively and efficiently for the benefit of all customers.

However, in view of the feedback we have received from our customers since the launch of the M1 broadband service and taking into account the changing nature of Internet usage, we will be reviewing this policy to better align it with the requirements of the Internet world.

Being a nascent service, we would also want to monitor general usage and traffic patterns before making a decision.

Pending the completion of the review, we are pleased to inform readers that we have not imposed additional charges on any of the customers who have used beyond 2GB.

Regarding Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP), we would like to clarify that while VOIP is not supported on the M1 broadband service at this stage, it has neither been banned nor blocked.

Chua Swee Kiat
General Manager
Corporate Communications, M1

I got 384kps one ... Quite slow leh
Reminded me of the 56K modem days :(

Hope they can improve the speed soon :)

I am using 384 too. Think Dialup outperforms this so call broadband. Benefit is internet at anywhere only.

they will have to react quickly to market demand otherwise the service will die out... so good news for us!!!

my usage in Nov was already 8.61G... and i only used from Mon-Fri, office hours.

So u all go think lah.. 2G limit can tahan ? ;(

Status
Not open for further replies.