M1 Sunsurf Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Headshotzx

Dec 14, 2007
Punggol
Hi, my family recently purchased three phones at killer deals from M1. Paid only S$113 for a Nokia E75, E63 and Samsung Preston with re-contract, vouchers, ultimate plan benefits and those m1 points. Dad wanted to get a mobile surfing plan for himself as a tryout, and probably me 'just in case'.

I would like any advice on these plans, whether they really work, and if I should wait for something better. I searched a bit and found that there was a 50GB free data bundle during the PC show?!

Code:
SunSurf VAS Plan 	Lite  	Plus    Max
Monthly Subscription 	$5.35 	$10.70 	$16.05
Free Data Bundle 	20MB 	100MB 	1GB

Download Speed 	Up to 7.2Mbps (for all?)
Upload Speed 	Up to 2Mbps
Max Usage Capped* 	$36.38

* Max usage capped meaning once I cross the 1GB mark with a max plan, I can't surf any more?

Dad will probably go with Max plans for both of us.

Any advice / comments / replies will be appreciated!

Cheers,
Zexun

Last edited:
Hi, my family recently purchased three phones at killer deals from M1. Paid only S$113 for a Nokia E75, E63 and Samsung Preston with re-contract, vouchers, ultimate plan benefits and those m1 points. Dad wanted to get a mobile surfing plan for himself as a tryout, and probably me 'just in case'.

I would like any advice on these plans, whether they really work, and if I should wait for something better. I searched a bit and found that there was a 50GB free data bundle during the PC show?!

Code:
SunSurf VAS Plan 	Lite  	Plus    Max
Monthly Subscription 	$5.35 	$10.70 	$16.05
Free Data Bundle 	20MB 	100MB 	1GB

Download Speed 	Up to 7.2Mbps (for all?)
Upload Speed 	Up to 2Mbps
Max Usage Capped* 	$36.38

* Max usage capped meaning once I cross the 1GB mark with a max plan, I can't surf any more?

Dad will probably go with Max plans for both of us.

Any advice / comments / replies will be appreciated!

Cheers,
Zexun

simply means.. when you max out your 1gb and they start to charge, the max usage you can use would be up to $36 so you wont be shocked to see your bill $100+

surfing youtube can easily go up to 1gb very fast ..

simply means.. when you max out your 1gb and they start to charge, the max usage you can use would be up to $36 so you wont be shocked to see your bill $100+

surfing youtube can easily go up to 1gb very fast ..

Okay. So the max they can charge will be S$36.38, so that's the highest I have / can pay, right?

Oh, as for GPS, I'm not sure if its free. If its not free, does the Sunsurf cover it? No, right? GPRS thingy. I'm lost, sorry.

Last edited:
Okay. So the max they can charge will be S$36.38, so that's the highest I have / can pay, right?

Oh, as for GPS, I'm not sure if its free. If its not free, does the Sunsurf cover it? No, right? GPRS thingy. I'm lost, sorry.

If im not wrong GPS is another software in your phone. As im using Samsung i780.
I suggest you getting the unlimited plan instead of you after at the end of each month , 3 phone bills will kill you. From what i know last time a M1 user ( they anyhow charge to my phone). Every month or so got to call them up and tell them i didnt use this service or so.:thumbsd:

I prefer you taking up Singtel MobileBoard Band services.:)

If im not wrong GPS is another software in your phone. As im using Samsung i780.
I suggest you getting the unlimited plan instead of you after at the end of each month , 3 phone bills will kill you. From what i know last time a M1 user ( they anyhow charge to my phone). Every month or so got to call them up and tell them i didnt use this service or so.:thumbsd:

I prefer you taking up Singtel MobileBoard Band services.:)

Yes, there is a Nokia Maps thing, but i'm asking about the charges.

I don't understand your advice. Can phrase it differently? You suggest that my dad get the unlimited plan instead of me having 3 phone bills every month? Isn't that what 3 handsets are for?

Yes, there is a Nokia Maps thing, but i'm asking about the charges.

I don't understand your advice. Can phrase it differently? You suggest that my dad get the unlimited plan instead of me having 3 phone bills every month? Isn't that what 3 handsets are for?

Sorry , i read ur question wrongly. I thought ur dad going to use broadband for all 3 phones.

Well, check with providers at shop for the unlimited data usage.

Sorry , i read ur question wrongly. I thought ur dad going to use broadband for all 3 phones.

Well, check with providers at shop for the unlimited data usage.

Ah there's such a thing eh. Okay, thanks :) Will head down to an M1 shop soon-ish.

M1 broadband on mobile phone has a max of 1gb FREE usage which costs $19+ per month. IF you exceed the free 1gb data usage, charges will be applied and the max amount that they can bill you is capped at $36+. which means ...

imagine you use sun saver plan @ $25+ , you also have the $19 plan for data usage , and your bill went higher , so you will be charged

$25 +$19 + $36 .

this is still cheap .. wanna know why ? cause in the past, they didnt cap the bill.. so witout realising i was surfing youtube on my phone till my bill came to $100+ for DATA charges only.

alternatively if you do wanna surf internet so much on the phone, get a separate mobile broadband @$25+ / month (2mbs after 30% discount) and use the sim card on the phone BUT DONT make any calls/sms

Status
Not open for further replies.