M1 Phone Bill with mTouche Service charge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astin

Mar 2, 2002
Astin Studio
astin.clubsnap.org
I was charged $1 from M1 phone bill, the service description is mTouche Service 77330. I called up M1 and complaint, that I have never subscribed to any Value Added Service, not mTouche. I spoke to the manager, he said he would investigate and reply in 3 days time.

Are there anyone having similar problem as well?

Allan, HWZ also had a lot of people complaining about it :)

i just called M1, after reading berryhappy's posting. din notice dat $1 yesterday when i was paying the bill.

M1 said they cannot do anything (doh..) and tell me to call MTouche. waiting for their office to open at 9.30am b4 calling... sian. ;(

I told the M1 manager that I am 10 years with M1 and my phone bill is on average about $1k per month, but I still do not want to pay for this kind of Value Added Service which I did not ask for.
I believe if everyone take some time to complain to M1, Singtel and Starhub, and then to IDA, together we can create the awareness that this kind of practise is not accepted by us!

I will ask to talk to their manager, I check liao so far never kena this yet. I think I got an SMS from that number earlier.

Actually how can M1 say they can't do anything, they are the ones charging us for it, what do they mean they can't do anything. It sux0rs.

Yes, let as many people know about this as possible. They should not be allowed to get away with it time after time.

If that's the case it's so easy money to just set up a company to sms people and collect money.

Time to screw somebody!!!! :angry:

basket... 9.45am and i still get a 'sorry, our offices are closed' message when i dial... :angry:

They're in, but the lines are off, confirm.

I suggest a police report be made :angry:

Call M1 and complain first, they are the one that collect the money, they cannot deny their responsibility.

dun bother calling 64230392. i just called their suntec office at 62386130. lady told me she'll check and get back to me... if still no response, i'm going to call M1 again... blardy hell... :complain:

i called mTouche the very minute i saw the charge. i told them to remove me from their sms list in the future and they agreed. think we shd bring this up to ST Forum...

adam72 said:
i called mTouche the very minute i saw the charge. i told them to remove me from their sms list in the future and they agreed. think we shd bring this up to ST Forum...

did you sign up for it in the first place ... or did the all the phone companies just automatically sign their customers up ...

if we did not sign up, there should not be a need for us to call them to remove us from their sms list ...

RGDs

Firstly, go to M1 website and file a official complaint.
Secondly, email to IDA to complaint M1.
Thirdly, email to Straits Times to complaint M1 and mTouche.

It is $1 charge, but the M1 approach is very wrong.

Think you guys had better help spread the word around via email to your friends and family. If it's $1 per subscriber, imagine how much it'll add up to. And I know a lot of folks will not pay much attention to the details of the charges on their statements. Here's an example email I sent out, you're welcome to copy and paste it to your emails.

========================

Hi all,

Just a quick note to let everyone know of a mobile phone scam that's been going round lately in Singapore. If you're a M1 or Singtel subscriber, there might have been recent charges to your account which may have been faked.

Subscribers who have received SMS greetings over the recent Chinese New Year period from the short number 77330 will have been charged $1 per greeting. The service is from a company called mTouche ( www.mtouche.com ), and the charge would have been levied even if you've not subscribed to their greeting service. mTouche has been fined by IDA ( www.ida.gov.sg ) in the past for the same offence but they seem to be doing it again.

Do check your recent statements carefully. So far it seems only M1 and Singtel customers are experiencing this problem but subscribers to other networks should review their statements just to make sure.

The best thing you can do if you've received these extra charges is to send a complain to IDA at info@ida.gov.sg . Don't bother calling mTouche as they've disconnected their phone lines as of this morning. The telcos claim they are unable to do anything about charges levied by a third party.

Please spread the word around.

I called below tel number and asked to speak to the manager in charge, then a Customer Service Executive, (Janet Ang) answered.
She explained that their client using mTouche 77330 service to send out the Chinese new Year greeting sms, and asked me to fax her the invoice and she will waive the charge in the next bill. (She sounds very polite, much better than the M1 staffs actually.)

Below is the contact:

Singapore
mTouche Pte Ltd
8 Temasek Boulevard
#40-01A Suntec Tower 3
Singapore 038988

Tel: (65) 6238 6130
Fax: (65) 6238 6131

Status
Not open for further replies.