M1 Loyalty 'Reward'

Status
Not open for further replies.

espn

Deregistered
Dec 20, 2002
Planet Nikon
Hi folks,

Just got a (snail) mail from M1 talking about loyalty (after being with them for 7 years :rolleyes: ).

They're offering me the N6170 as an trade-in (S$200)/S$198 option.

I've checked my current handphone, the N7250I is worth $150 as trade in, so probably mean I will need to top up another $48 for the N6170.

Is the N6170 worth it? I'm just using it as a phone, that's all. My 7250I has been with me for 2 years so felt like changing.

My current contract will end in Jul, so maybe upgrade by renewing contract to another phone then? Probably can sell the N6170 after that? Hmmm.

How? Any suggestions?

I think you will have to pay $398 if you don't trade in your phone.

Hi Friend

I have got new HP twice from M1 and have to be contracted to M1.

After my contract end in Nov I am open to Starhub. May be you should open your option to Starhub.

Meanwhile I am keen on getting the N6610i. Can trade in with those small shops

Just found out the new 'free' phone is also a two year contract. And the contract will start after I end my current contract. Greatttttttttt. What a loyal reward.

I feel so made use of. :rolleyes:

to me its simple..

don;t keep obsolete HP...when there's still decent value...better trade it in..... ;)

Yeah, I'm interested in the trade in. Maybe I'll go down tomorrow and find a phone of my choice and ask them to run my contract AFTER my current contract ends. Sigh.

Thought of buying the 6170 first, use then sell when I want to renew my contract. Didn't expect the 6170 at $198 is a 2 year contract. :rolleyes:

it is normal to receive these 'loyalty offer' when yr contract near end.
the catch is they want u to renew the contract and stay with them for another 2 yrs. so, the trade-in offers are just a gimmick.

Actually i was given 3 choices of phone to choose from M1.
1) 6170
2) 6020
3) 6260

Was pondering between 6170 ($238) and 6020 ($18) after trade in. End up paying $68 for 6020 without trade in and sell my phone else where. It all depends whether you want to have additional features like bluetooth or FM radio in your phone. Well for me, i go for cost. Happy hunting

It's not the price of the handphones that bothers me.

First they call it loyalty reward, next there's NO small print stating 2 years contract necessary. And they say FREE if trade in $200, or pay $198.

I thought M1 woke up their idea. Then I called their helpline and they confirmed it's 2 years contract.

Sigh. Anybody knows of Singtel/Starhub can retain my current number without extra charges? So much for loyalty rewards.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

espn said:
Sigh. Anybody knows of Singtel/Starhub can retain my current number without extra charges? So much for loyalty rewards.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Number retention is possible (number portability). Maybe there will be a small charge by either Red or Green/Blue coy.

no difference from getting any of their offer phones at m1 shop is there? still need 2 yr contract anyway. :dunno:

ernest_ted said:
Number retention is possible (number portability). Maybe there will be a small charge by either Red or Green/Blue coy.

think its $30?

also got the letter. tempted to get the nokia phone. but, the stickler is the 2yr contract.... haiz... i was thinking of changing over to starhub cos i sms more than i call... :cry:

BS, ah gu :kok: :nono:

ernest_ted, madmacs: Yeah lor, I was like so 'cheated' doh. FREE upgrade for loyalty, with more chance to be loyal with two years contract!!! Dohz. I rather get other phones, I heard the 6170 is pretty heavy too. Sigh.

nw75: Yeah me too, I think if I can retain numbers I'll switch providers already. Sheesh. So much for 'loyalty', I don't mind paying a small sum to keep the number :rolleyes:

espn said:
Just found out the new 'free' phone is also a two year contract. And the contract will start after I end my current contract. Greatttttttttt. What a loyal reward.

I feel so made use of. :rolleyes:
Hmm?? U're not those that keeps changing numbers for some obscure reason right?

Wazzup wif da 2yr contract thing?

Nah, I don't change numbers, infact I've been holding my current number for 7 years! I hate to change numbers, that's why all along I'm sticking with M1. :rolleyes:

Get a phone free with $200 trade in and 2 years contract is fine, but that's a 'loyalty' reward??? They made the whole thing sound so nice! Sheesh. Fed up. Think I should switch providers every 2 years so that I can get the 'newbie' free stuffs!

Loyalty is used by the companies, not rewarded.

When a new camera is launched all the loyal buyers buy it at a high price, 6 mths later the normal ppl buy it for $200 less + free gifts.

So far Starhub is good. 1 more point to add on the bill is well detail.

Exclusive benefits from StarHub Mobile

Free Incoming Calls – First and only service provider to offer you Free Incoming Calls across all plans, so you’ll save with any plan you choose.

Per Second Billing – You pay exactly for what you use and not a second more.

Free IDD 018 Calls – Save with Free IDD 018 for calls to Thailand, Taiwan, Malaysia, China, Hong Kong and USA.

Airtime Rollover – Enjoy maximum value for your money when you carry over any unused airtime to the next month.

Convert Free SMS to Free MMS – Enjoy flexibility and use your free SMS to send out free MMS.

Free 100 SMS with GIRO – Simply pay your bill by GIRO and get 100 more free SMS.

alwayschampion said:
So far Starhub is good. 1 more point to add on the bill is well detail.

Exclusive benefits from StarHub Mobile

Free Incoming Calls – First and only service provider to offer you Free Incoming Calls across all plans, so you’ll save with any plan you choose.

Per Second Billing – You pay exactly for what you use and not a second more.

Free IDD 018 Calls – Save with Free IDD 018 for calls to Thailand, Taiwan, Malaysia, China, Hong Kong and USA.

Airtime Rollover – Enjoy maximum value for your money when you carry over any unused airtime to the next month.

Convert Free SMS to Free MMS – Enjoy flexibility and use your free SMS to send out free MMS.

Free 100 SMS with GIRO – Simply pay your bill by GIRO and get 100 more free SMS.

Actually it all depends on your usage pattern. If u received more incoming calls, then perhaps Starhub is your choice.
IMHO, is all the same. It all boils down to quality of service. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.